2010 Toyota Camry Altise Modifications

CharlesByrom21

Hey everyone,

I am currently looking for advice and recommendations on what I should get done to my blue metallic 2010 Toyota Camry Altise 2.4L in terms of cosmetic and performance related modifications, any ideas? Already got some mad alloy wheels and black tinted windows.

I would love to get better speakers and some subwoofers, definitely going to. By any chance, would anyone know where I could get a good system?

Is a body kit worth it? Does anyone actually reckon they look good? And if so, which one to go with?

And I'm completely lost on what spoiler to go with, I don't want to overkill it, I just want it to look good. Any recommendations? I'm not sure on whether to go with a lip spoiler or a proper spoiler. And if someone has a website/store, please share, it would be greatly appreciated.

And please does someone know where I can get a cold air intake system for this model? It has been proved impossible to find, it is legit non existent and has been the biggest pain to try and find. Thanks!

Cheers,
Charles

Edited by CharlesByrom21

Bodykits are usually more of a problem than they are worth. Most of the time they are poorly built, don't fit very well and are easily damaged. At most, fit a lip spoiler.

Sound system can be purchased from any car audio business. There will be nothing vehicle specific.

What performance upgrades did you want to make?

A "cold air intake" rarely gives any performance improvements. That being said, it is not the case every time. You will get fully sik brah induction noises though.

What is your budget?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, trentmeyer23 said:

Bodykits are usually more of a problem than they are worth. Most of the time they are poorly built, don't fit very well and are easily damaged. At most, fit a lip spoiler.

Sound system can be purchased from any car audio business. There will be nothing vehicle specific.

What performance upgrades did you want to make?

A "cold air intake" rarely gives any performance improvements. That being said, it is not the case every time. You will get fully sik brah induction noises though.

What is your budget?

Thanks mate for your help, that's what I needed to hear, so far I've just been told a bunch of crap about how great body kits are when in reality I knew they weren't. I'll most likely fit a lip spoiler so that's reassuring. Sweet, I'll look around for a car audio place. At the moment I am not really sure on what performance upgrades I want to make, I'm definitely open to any ideas though. Would you recommend that I do get a "cold air intake" or would it not be beneficial or worth it? In terms of budget, I'm willing to spend as much as needed if a reasonable difference is made.

6 hours ago, CharlesByrom21 said:

Would you recommend that I do get a "cold air intake" or would it not be beneficial or worth it? In terms of budget, I'm willing to spend as much as needed if a reasonable difference is made.

Short answer, no.

If you want to make noticable power, you will need to fit a turbo or supercharger. You would expect depending on the quality of work for it to range in the vicinity of $10,000-$20,000 for parts and labour. 

If you want noise only, with minimal at best power gains, then a CAI is for you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, trentmeyer23 said:

Short answer, no.

If you want to make noticable power, you will need to fit a turbo or supercharger. You would expect depending on the quality of work for it to range in the vicinity of $10,000-$20,000 for parts and labour. 

If you want noise only, with minimal at best power gains, then a CAI is for you.

Okay sweet, thanks mate for your help, great to actually get a proper answer from someone! Last question from me is, do you know a local site/store where I would be able to buy a lip spoiler?

There are plenty of aftermarket ones for sale on eBay.

The best option quality-wise is something like this genuine Sportivo one.

http://ebay.com.au/itm/271427408165

I'm not sure of any local shops that sell aftermarket ones though.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, trentmeyer23 said:

There are plenty of aftermarket ones for sale on eBay.

The best option quality-wise is something like this genuine Sportivo one.

http://ebay.com.au/itm/271427408165

I'm not sure of any local shops that sell aftermarket ones though.

Okay awesome, sounds like a plan, definitely getting it done. It looks great. Thanks for your time and help mate!

Hi, I used this spoiler from Carmate.com in Villawood NSW. Part Number: TOYCAM12OEMRW. It is low and fitted well to my 2014 Camry Atara SL. I did have a problem with some of the LED's failing, so I swapped out the original ones and replaced them with some from Jaycar. Carmate shows several rear spoilers for your 2010 40 series Camry

TOYCAM12OEMRW_582_Re.jpg

Edited by TIDYWAZZA
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, TIDYWAZZA said:

Hi, I used this spoiler from Carmate.com in Villawood NSW. Part Number: TOYCAM12OEMRW. It is low and fitted well to my 2014 Camry Atara SL. I did have a problem with some of the LED's failing, so I swapped out the original ones and replaced them with some from Jaycar. Carmate shows several rear spoilers for your 2010 40 series Camry

TOYCAM12OEMRW_582_Re.jpg

Sweet as, looks great, much appreciated. Thanks for the help!

17 hours ago, trentmeyer23 said:

As you can see, aftermarket has varying levels of quality. OEM body panels almost always fit better.

Yeah I'll most likely, if not definitely, get an OEM lip spoiler. Probably even the one you recommended. Would you say it's honestly worth it? I can't really tell from the photo if it's a good fit and will make a noticeable different in looks. I was hoping for something with more shape like this: https://www.carid.com/rksport/rear-trunk-spoiler-mpn-33012010.html?singleid=350945&url=1664632. But the OEM lip spoiler sounds like the best bet.

Have a look around(Google, etc.) for the one you like the most. 

If nothing else, the genuine ones will make fitment a bit easier.

The one I linked is just one example from a dealer who also sells on eBay.

• Like 1

On ‎28‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 5:01 PM, trentmeyer23 said:

Have a look around(Google, etc.) for the one you like the most. 

If nothing else, the genuine ones will make fitment a bit easier.

The one I linked is just one example from a dealer who also sells on eBay.

Yeah I definitely will, cheers!