AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

njc17

Android Auto Head Unit

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone

I am new to this forum/club.

I recently purchased 2009 Toyota Tarago Ultima. I wanted to hardwire 2 dashcams - front and rear. I also wanted to install a reversing camera. When I visited car audio guy, he suggested to replace the original head unit with a new system having these features. I am bit anxious with replacing the original equipment as I am worried; fiddling with it can create new problems. I am keen to install one with Android Auto. I am trying to search one with Android Auto but couldn't find one. I would love to have navigation in that but what I learnt that those systems will be $ >1000. 

Any one has replaced the head unit with a new one with these features:

Android auto

BT

and possibly navigation

Which model would you suggest? Price?

Cheers

You could potentially look into something similar to this:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By pete_oz
      Hi guys
      I'm having trouble connecting my Samsung Galaxy S6 to via bluetooth to my standard Toyota head-unit. 
      On the head-unit it says "This device is not supported" and on the phone it says "invalid PIN or passkey" but doesn't give you an option to put a passkey or PIN in. 
      Anyone come across this? 
      I have tried an iPhone and that connects with no issues. All other features are working. 
      The head-unit is out of a GT86 although I have put it into my 2006 Corolla. 
      This is the head-unit below

• By Jake Nowakowski
      My 2013 RAV 4 SD card seems to have been corrupted or wiped after a flat battery and battery change. The card is not readable when plugged in to a computer. The head unit display indicated that it was not able to read the SD card or program. Now it's asking for the pin code but is frozen on the code screen and does not allow any selections to be made. Please help!
    • By folklorians
      Hi guys, 
      I have a toyota aurion atx 09 model after 3 years of owning the vehicle, cds and listening to the radio just doesn't cut it for me anymore. 
      I've been reading all over the net about adapter kits. there's a few on eBay etc just unsure need more info. I'm looking to install an
      auxiliary / ipod connection + charging/ and bluetooth for music play back* and hands-free calls. 
      to plug into the the back of the head unit..Pn 86120-06351.
      I'm not very tech savy but I've already seen another members post on here Shane_85s aux mod.  he makes an aux adapter from Jay car parts. 
      I don't want to upgrade the head unit either.
      basically I wanted some info from others who have done the same thing.
      here's some links of what I'm looking at just unsure. 
      https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009L4ITMC/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A236UT9Z5WDWZA
      http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/291619233288
      http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/121646590164
      http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/Toyota-AUX-iPhone-iPod-Factory-Radio-Adaptor-for-Camry-Aurion-Corolla-Rav-4-/151468382802?hash=item2344381a52%3Ag%3AZ2oAAOSw~gRVs4K9

cheers
    • By Jo2016
      Hi guys,
      Ive jumped on this site hoping someone can guide me step by step on how to connect my Samsung Galaxy phone to my car stereo via bluetooth so I can play my music from my music library or from spotify which i have on my phone.
      Word of warning... u need patience! ! Lol