AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
No.42

2003 Camry Sportivo 2.4L 5th gear vibration

Hi all,

I bought my '03 Camry Sportivo 2.4L a little while ago. I've since noticed that when in 5th gear I get a vibration/rattle through the gear stick. You can hear it as well (that's what alerted me initially to it). The sound and vibration go away if I have no throttle on. It also sometimes goes away if I pop it out of 5th and then slot it back in.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

Many thanks in advance!

James

Edited by No.42
edited title

Check all of the trim pieces nearby. 

You may also need to remove the cover to access the shifter assembly and regrease the shifter pivot or the cable pivots.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Rizzy9130
      Stupid question I know, But i was wondering if it is possible to do a 3MZ-FE Swap with my 1998 5spd Manual Toyota Camry MCV20R.
      If yes, what would I have to do?
    • By idawood
      Hi, 
      I have Camry 2005 2.4l. Since I bought it, I never tried the cruise control but today when I tried to use it I realised that it's not working. Cruise light doesn't come on either. Any idea what to check? I saw another post regarding brake lights and cruise issue. My brake lights are working normally. They don't stay on as stated in that post. But I do have that missing rubber part as shown in that posts' pictures. 

• By FarmerPete
      Hi Gurus,
      I’ve noticed a small rattle with my 2014 RAV4 Diesel manual with 21k kms on the clock.
      I first heard the ‘rattle’ when in neutral whent the clutch is engaged. When I press the clutch in the rattle disappears.
      The car drives normally with smooth gear changes and no noticed difference in the clutch pedal feedback/pressure.
      Having noticed it, I hear the rattle throughout the gears although its hard to hear clearly due to the diesel motor sound and road noise.
      I did stall the car last week at low speed and I think I’m just being paranoid but I can’t remember the noise being there before. I only really noticed it a couple of days ago.
      I read about throwbearings or clutch springs being loose making rattle sounds but I suppose it could be something else entirely.
      I’ll take it into Toyota this week if I an but I’d like some expert knowledge in case they tell me to replace the clutch!
      Thanks in advance!
      Pete
    • By Timmeh69
      Hi just bought a 95 vienta sedan and want to put a new headunit in but as I’ve gone to do it none of the wires seem to be matching up. It has become very confusing and frustrating. I would very much appreciate a guide for the colour code of the wires. 
      P.s. I have done many headunits in other cars but none have been as confusing and strange as this.
    • By Robbo67
      Hi I have a 2016 ZRE182R Corolla Hatch CVT Auto.
      I have an issue that is doing my head in but not sure if it is just me or if it is normal.
      Firstly I've never had a CVT auto before so I realise they are a different to a normal auto. Secondly I'm a bit of a conservative driver so I don't drive it like I stole it.
      The problem is that I've noticed there is a distinct vibration which seems to be from the front of the car. It seems to occur mostly when the rpm's are in the low range of between 1000-1300 rpm. It is not overly bad it is more like a drone noise sort of like the sound of deep base tone that you get from your stereo (if that makes sense?). In fact as I usually have my car stereo on I thought the noise was coming from my speakers at first but it's not. If I tap on the accelerator pedal to give it a few more rpms it goes away but as soon as the revs lower to around 1000 or just above the droning/vibration continues. Even at around 100km/h at just over 2000 rpm I can hear it.
      The car has 18,000km on the clock.
      Now that I am noticing it more it is becoming more annoying and I've even considered trading it in for a manual. Although the good points I have noted with the car is I'm getting 5.8L per 100km which is outstanding.
      Anyway not having owned a CVT before I am wondering if this is normal or could it even be another problem not related to the CVT?  If it is not normal of course I would be worried that it might develop in to something major and costly down the track and would rather get it sorted sooner rather than later.
      Thanks in advance guys and girls :)