Customisation and Accessories

Surfsideminer

Is bling your thing?

ABS Chrome and Stainless Steel non-genuine accessories seem to be coming onto the market along with custom rims and other things.

Do you intend to pimp your ride! and what is hot and what is not?

Any graphic artists willing to create a C-HR and or Koba start and close screen for the multimedia system?

Edited by Surfsideminer

• 2 weeks later...

Some bling arrived today and I would be interested in your thoughts.

Original Black Sparkles or Satin Chrome?

Reflections make some of the panels look scratched they are not.

I'm still deciding if I will fit them, your comments will assist me in making the decision.

IMG_20170515_172555.jpg

IMG_20170515_172610.jpg

IMG_20170515_172643.jpg

IMG_20170515_172655.jpg

IMG_20170515_172717.jpg

IMG_20170515_172733.jpg

IMG_20170515_172833.jpg

IMG_20170515_172858.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Surfsideminer

Cool, you have chosen the same pieces of trim i did!

I have already fitted mine and i am really happy with the look and the fitment is spot on. I also bought the chrome satin surround for the interior door opener

I went for the chrome satin as i found it was too black on the inside and the chrome satin helps break it up

My son who sold me the Car from the dealership was impressed and commented that it looks like it belongs and matches perfectly the finish of the satin

I have also fitted exterior chrome door handles on the front doors only as i like the rear door handles to stay "hidden" and keep the coupe look

I also bought the Chrome fog light surrounds and Chrome surround for the rear bumper insert

20170427_142159.thumb.jpg.6db0800a3205e9b82423c77fa3e3adbd.jpg

20170515_205949.jpg

20170515_205811.jpg

20170515_205746.jpg

20170427_142420.jpg

20170428_123641.jpg

Edited by Mr H
Correct spelling

Hi Eric,

I agree the black on black makes the car very dark inside and the satin makes it pop a bit. It would have been perfect if the accessories were the same satin gold of the side panel highlights.

After looking at your pics I have ordered the inner door handle and fog light surrounds. I think that will just about do it for the bling.

The chrome outer door handles look good on the platinum but may be lost on the pearl.

I agree that keeping the rear handles dark works best for the coupe look. 

I also received a set of stainless steel inner door sill scuff panels, they came with the diamond pattern on them and a turned lip to assist with placement and feel nice and heavy like stainless steel should.

Now to find a genuine plug and play Toyota double USB charging Port to replace the blank under the dash. There surely has to be a spare connector in that region as I can see no other reason for the position of the plate.

• Like 2

It would appear we are quite like minded and have similar taste

Glad you liked the inner door handle surrounds, as my son said, they look like they belong. It may pay you to get hold of some alcohol wipes to clean the surface where the surrounds will go in case you have any type of upholstery treatment applied. I found some that worked a treat in Chemist Warehouse (pack of 200 swabs)....lol

good luck with your search for a Toyota double USB port

I would be interested to see if you can do the double usb port.  Considering it is an entirely different touchscreen and system compared to the European car which does have a usb port in that area.

Talking to my dealer he also mentioned that the touchscreens we have in Australia have dab capability it has just been turned off in the firmware.  That and the fact that we dont have a dab aerial on the front windscreen but you can pick up those quite cheap.  He said they would even be willing to install the aerial and enable the firmware.  Looking into it.

• Like 2

Eric, we are probably both old f@rts ;) and as such have a mature taste. The truth is that I would have loved to have a platinum but I didn't want to wait so I took the pearl. 

One option that I am considering for the USB is to make up a double adapter for the Accessory Power Circuit and draw the power from there with an inline fuse running the power back along the centre console to a double USB plug in the lower dash position.

The Narva Dual Switch - 12/24V, USB, LED, Blue, if it fits,  would match the car nicely and is 3.1 amps, which is important for the newer fast charge phones. Many of the cheaper USB ports are only 2.1 amp or less.

Toyota Manual reference number: AIM 003 833 - 0, Toyota C-HR (RHD) Toyota Hotspot Installation instructions, shows how to disassemble the centre console.

After fitting the bling on the weekend I may have a play and take the blanking plate out so I can measure the hole to check if the Narva will fit.

• Like 1

Michael the Euro Unit does not have a separate DAB antenna shown in the installation manual, only a GPS antenna is shown. You may not need a separate antenna unless the DAB unit is an independent hardware module as was the DAB+ unit on my Android Entertainment Unit for my Ford Transit.

Let us know how it goes.

Hi all, these mods looks pretty cool. Have a red one on order with side steps, side garnish and mirror garnishes (silver). It's the base model, ETA July. Would like the fog light surrounds - can someone please provide a link? Cheers.

Also, the DAB thing sounds very good - hopefully that works out. Saw another forum where someone suggested you could drop in a Kenwood headunit with Carplay - DDX917WS. 7" - looks much more modern than the OEM unit.

1 hour ago, Justin70 said:

Hi all, these mods looks pretty cool. Have a red one on order with side steps, side garnish and mirror garnishes (silver). It's the base model, ETA July. Would like the fog light surrounds - can someone please provide a link? Cheers.

Hi Justin, here's the link you requested:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/For-Toyota-C-HR-2016-2017-chrome-Front-Fog-Light-Garnish-Cover-Trim-car-styling/252815314924?_trksid=p2046732.c100040.m2060&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140107095009%26meid%3D0c272ef822a94372b4ecca6f63a9befe%26pid%3D100040%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D262897173105

Atomic Rush, really nice colour choice, it will be worth the wait

Cheers

Eric

• Like 1

I enquired with my local Toyota Parts Department and kept getting the "Not for Australian Spec C-HR's" when trying to obtain a genuine USB port for the car.

I checked for another potential Toyota solution and was told that a USB was available from another Model for $AU226 not including any cables. I never enquired as to the amperage of the unit at that price. The e-bay USB units claiming to be compatible for the C-HR do not appear to be the correct shape. 

The unit in the pictures below cost me $AU35 with 4.2amp output and has a blue LED voltmeter that matches the C-HR lighting scheme.

Be warned that many cheaper USB's have between 1.5 and 3amp outputs and I have seen on the UK forum complaints about the genuine C-HR not being able to charge some phones due to low output amperage.

Full Instructions on Installation are now in the C-HR Guides Section

IMG_20170520_145425_zpsxj7ltjug.jpg

IMG_20170520_145434_zpsrvrwcek3.JPG

IMG_20170520_150314_zps32rhmqbe.JPG

IMG_20170520_172544_zpslrputzlu.JPG

IMG_20170520_174717_zpssko5npoo.JPG

IMG_20170520_174802_zpslo0zh8v8.JPG

IMG_20170520_172323_zpsnxrzvzxt.JPG

IMG_20170521_143741_zps1tvikthi.JPG

IMG_20170521_143904_zpskzmfnkca.JPG

IMG_20170521_143916_zps7yvgixqx.JPG

IMG_20170521_144017_zpse0qj8ra3.JPG

Edited by Surfsideminer
Detailed Instruction can be found in C-HR Guides Section

• 3 weeks later...

It's easy enoigh to do. Just clean the surface well, take your time and remove any air bubbles. If you are still unsure, Youtube is your friend. The better quality you use, the longer it will last.

I just went to the Australian Toyota Service & Repair Manuals Site https://toyotamanuals.com.au/

I did a search and they claimed to have the C-HR Manual available, paid my $16 for one day access and..... NO MANUAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can get access to the Warranty and Service Booklet (Who Cares I Have a Hard Copy) but the Service & Repair Manual comes up Error HTTP Status 404 - The requested resource is not available.

FRUSTRATION !@#$%^&*()

NoManual.png

NoManual1.png

That sucks! Let us know if you get your hands on the manual. I'm sure a few of us would chuck in a few bucks for a copy!

I'm thinking of swapping out the factory stereo. Has anyone taken the plunge?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChittyChittyCHR said:

That sucks! Let us know if you get your hands on the manual. I'm sure a few of us would chuck in a few bucks for a copy!

Thought crossed my mine - only for an instant

After  the money I just dropped on this car - I don't want to be throwing anything away so soon

After the initial disappointment of the 6" screen - It really isn't a bad unit

Sounds ok for my use - Phone pairs and operates fine - Nice Faves for 4 common phone numbers on home screen - Transmits the text info, songs,upcoming,weather etc on FM

I've dropped my entire song library onto a mini usb which fits in the Head unit slot - can even place the cover back over - it displays all the Album art - has search - ramdomise

I  did have to drop them into 5 folders though as it has some limitation on reading files - max 255 per directory - so you cant drop them all in the root folder

The sat nav is Igo Primo which I am already used to so that's all good - I need to ask Toyota why its 2015 though

The roundabouts on the way to work were replaced with Traffic lights 18months ago but it is still dealing up roundabouts

I was going to investigate Toyota link to use Pandora - But after all the bad reviews on the play store - I can't be bothered

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ChittyChittyCHR said:

I took some photo's of the unit this morning showing the mounting brackets and back. It is a 2Din radio but is rather short. I'm not sure how you would go with a larger unit due to the current surround also housing the clock.

30 minutes ago, Mr H said:

Nice work Terence, you have more patience than me, for that kind of job, well done

Thank you, Eric.

The trim panel was much more complex than any of the how-to's I watched. I wasted lots of material on the passenger side, the driver's side was easy, I was probably more confident given the simple shape and it was easy to tuck the excess into the crevices. I can't get a good shot but the wrap goes well with the brown diamond pattern on the door trim.

I don't understand why Toyota offers the hi-vis and bright wraps but not a carbon.

J,

I removed the passenger side trim as this is an easy process, thank you Mr Koba, and your design engineers. The drivers' side in-situ as I had no diagrams for trim panel removal on that side.

Without removal, the passenger side would be difficult to wrap otherwise due to the tricky geometry of the trim panel and I wanted to wrap around the edges to ensure a long life in the Western Australian heat.

• Like 1