AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

JadedJane

Estima 4wd - should I buy

1 post in this topic

Good morning and thank you for the ad to this forum.

I am looking to buy a second hand Estima - quite a few for sale with km's around the 80,000km - I figured that is a good time to ship them from Japan. I am looking at this car as I want a people mover that can also work(I do a renovation a year)  and tow my old lady (vintage caravan) with ease. 

I figured the 4wd would be stronger and less likely to struggle when fully loaded and have to tow.  I have never owned a Toyota before but everyone goes on about it being the most reliable vehicle around.

My questions are:

1. 4WD - is this a good choice?

> any known issues?

> anything I should check before going ahead?

2. Is this a good towing vehicle?

3. Cost of service?

> anything I should expect to have to replace in the next 10,000km?

4. The car I'm looking at has 74,000km and is a 2004 Estima Aeras Auto 4WD

> anything particular I should know about this type of car?

> any particular test/check I should do before buying?

> what kind of live span should I expect to get out of this car?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By JadedJane
      Hi there
      Looking to buy an Estima so wondering who you guys are looking at for insurance for grey imports?
    • By JadedJane
      Looking at buying an Estima, so may be a Toyota owner soon!
    • By helensestima
      Hi, new to Toyota, daughter has bought diesel estima - pls let us know which group we can direct questions to

tx
    • By JRHPNG
      Well, number 3 arrived so a "normal" car won't do anymore. Picked up this very tidy Estima S Package van recently.. We decided to go for the pilot seat middle row so the kids could get through to the back set without having to worry about flipping the seat forward. Also gives us the ability to fold away the 3rd row and use the middle as recliners on long trips without the kids (unlikely to happen! :) )
      Twin electric doors Auto park feature AFS lights (change direction with steering?) Panoramic Sound System (with rear monitor) Factory 18" wheels Just picked up a full english manual for it from the JPNZ site, $50 well spent. 

• By Tarago_owner
      So on trying to get my alignment done, I am told my steering system is all seized up and my alignment is majorly out, thus chewing away my tyres. The existing parts are totally seized and apparently no amount of leverage, heat etc will get them apart: thus I am told I need to replace the "steering rack end" and "tie rod end". Neither of these appear in the mechanic's database, and Toyota says they have none, and have never supplied any into Australia.  Can anyone recommend a source for such parts, or know of any equivalent model with the same parts?
      Any help appreciated.
      Vehicle = 2001 Estima MCR40
      Cheers,
      Mike