2004 Toyota Corolla Conquest Ownership Diary

Kroeger

Hello good people of the forum. Its been a while since I updated my ownership diary. 

The car has crossed 200000kms and still going strong. 

Had to get the drive shaft seals replaced due to the previous owners botched repairs with some non genuine seals.

Posting part numbers in the pics to help others out. 

The Firestones have served me well but have been a noisy set so have bid goodbye to them for some Michelin XM2+ in the stock standard 195/60R15. 

Would like some deedback regarding ignition coils, are denso aftermarket coils good? Has anyone tried using coils from newer corolls(ZRE152 etc) in the ZZE122? 

Thanks in advance. 

IMG_20190802_094106.jpg

IMG_20190802_094058.jpg

• 4 months later...
On 8/26/2019 at 3:10 PM, Kroeger said:

Would like some deedback regarding ignition coils, are denso aftermarket coils good? Has anyone tried using coils from newer corolls(ZRE152 etc) in the ZZE122? 

Thanks in advance.

It's an old thread, but for anyone interested.

Denso do make aftermarket coils but for Toyota they are OEM, so quality is good.

As for using ZRE152 in place of the ZZE122, that is not possible as they are very different coils (see attached images), the one on the left is ZZE122, the right is ZRE152.

toyota.jpg

Edited by Swan Ignition Coils
  • Thanks 2

• 6 months later...

I have new stuff in the works for the old workhorse. I would appreciate some help from people who have installed lowered springs. I have ordered a set of lowered springs and matched shocks and wanted to know if I would need to take some meat off my standard bump stops to work with the lowered springs 35mm lower than standard all around. Also has anyone tried Nolathane/Whiteline lower control arms. They seem to be the only ones who make pre assembled control arms with poly bushes.

I have attached a pic of my last alignment report. If anyone can help me understand the stuff in red and also ways to remedy it, it would be greatly appreciated. 

IMG_20200813_095206~2.jpg