Looking for Corolla sportivo mechanics

Hey squalled once I go into lift around 6000rpm it will engage with no push or power just feels flat and the mechanic I sent it too didn't really have a clue what's wrong with it I guess only sportive owners will understand I just want my solid lift back it is due for a service it's a very slight lift engagement with no push or power just feels flat any ideas?

Could be a few things like lift bolts, the lift screen been clogged in the lift solenoid or even the engine just needing a good service (filters, flush, fluid change etc).

I think Toyota should be able to diagnose the issue but, recently I've heard one them didn't even know what a lift bolt said he needed a new head as opposed to 2 $2 bolts. I think it depends what Toyota mechanic you go too.

Squalled  the car runs well as is I just don't push it to over 5000 rpm no issues it does have 215k on the clock it never misses a beat for the ks it's got its only had this problem for 3 weeks and no lying the oil is black as is the 2zz the same as in the celica or do you have any videos on how to clean the lift screen and also what should I try first sorry about all the questions just want to get this solved and lift on lol

The 2ZZ's are identical between the Celica and Corolla. Main differences are the gearbox linkages, the ECU's and other smaller things (intake, engine cover etc.) See the video above for the screen clean.

My Corolla just ticked over 185 000 the other day and the oil generally only goes a dark golden colour, haven't seen many with black before. It may need an engine flush.

3 hours ago, Squalled said:

The 2ZZ's are identical between the Celica and Corolla. Main differences are the gearbox linkages, the ECU's and other smaller things (intake, engine cover etc.)

Not just the linkages, the boxes themselves are different - Sportivo is C64, Celica is C60 (Celica has a taller 6th)

10 minutes ago, Hiro said:

Not just the linkages, the boxes themselves are different - Sportivo is C64, Celica is C60 (Celica has a taller 6th)

Also this. The Celica 6th sits the car at a lower RPM which is handy for highway driving. Have talked to Bil (Xoom) about if before when I saw him last.

I suspect that you may have a fair bit of oil sludge in the valve train,

I would be wary of using commercial oil flush products unless you are also prepared to drop the engine sump and check/conform that the oil pickup screen has not become clogged with the dislodged sludge. 

I use diesel to flush my engine at every oil change. Drain the old engine oil, refit the drain bolt and add about 5 litres of diesel. IDLE [no fast revving] the engine for 5-10 minutes. Drain the diesel then do the oil and filter change. The drained diesel will look very filthy. Been doing this for many years and being öld school"I do oil changes every 5,000 km.

Something else that I have been doing to help desludge the engines in both of my Aurions is to add about 500 ml of diesel or ATF to the engine oil. You could also do this about a week before the oil change.

Cheers for the campbeam iv just taken the car to my mechanic and told him to change the oil do a flush clean the lift screen change the lift filter and also change lift bolts