AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CharlesByrom21

2010 Toyota Camry - Upgrades/Mods/Improvements

11 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I'm the owner of a 2010 Toyota Camry Altise and I would just like to get some professional advice, ideas and opinions on what I could do to my Camry to make it run better and look better. So far, I've added alloy wheels and tinting, and I'm in love with the car. But I was just wondering if there is anything out there in the the market that I could do, without going broke, to improve engine performance/output? Is the exhaust system something worth changing? I would also like to know if xenon headlights and taillights, like the Audi xenon lights, are a possibility? And if so, where to get them as I don't really have a clue on where to look. Or maybe something alike them. To add to that, are fog lights worth adding? Plus, I wondering about where I could get a black mesh grille to replace the current one? As well as a OEM lip spoiler or an aftermarket one which is similar but maybe with more length/height. And last but not least, would anyone possibly be able to recommend a good quality head-unit, with touchscreen and maybe nav, and speakers that I could upgrade to? Thanks for your time, all help and advice is greatly appreciated. I hate to be a pain but I just want to get it right the first time so I don't blow money on rubbish and since, I honestly don't really know the compatibility, reliability or quality of such products and brands, or even where to get them. Anyone know a local car shop in Brisbane that could do it all for me? Are Repco or Autobarn good?

Cheers,
Charles

Edited by CharlesByrom21

Consider spark plug replacements if the car has done >100,000 kms. Use synthetic or semi-synthetic engine oil.

Changing headlights will most likely be illegal. Better off upgrading the existing halogen bulbs. Just remember the brighter the light, the shorter the life span.

https://www.powerbulbs.com/au/store/category/car-bulbs/fitting/h7-499

Legal use of foglights is limited to fog, heavy rain so in my opinion better off upgrading the parking light bulbs or possibly adding driving lights. 

Current example of lip spoiler available on eBay. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TOYOTA-CAMRY-REAR-LIP-SPOILER-2007-2011-/322332884633?hash=item4b0c897e99:g:2pEAAOSwo4pYKAU5

1 person likes this

With regards to engine performance. Unless you are going to throw a lot of money at it, don't bother.

CAIs and SRIs are not worth it unless you are purely after induction noise. You may even get a decrease in performance.

1 person likes this

For performance, I upgraded my 1998 Camry with King Springs, Boge [now owned by Sachs] Shock Absorbers and a Ultra Racing brand front strut brace. Absolutely love the way how the car handles going through roundabouts.

1 person likes this

Alright sweet, thanks both of you. That's what I needed to hear, I'm probably just going over the top. Yeah I reckon I will change the bulbs and go with that lip spoiler. And now that you have brought that up, I actually really like the idea of upgrading those now. I'll have to research and look into it, definitely like the sound of that. I'll have to find out where to get that done. You should see me though roundabouts, would help me for sure.

Perhaps other forum members can recommend a good suspension shop in Brisbane. My own starting point would be Fulcrum Suspension, Browns Plains.

1 person likes this

Sweet, that's good to hear, there's a Fulcrum Suspension in Capalaba which is basically right next door. I'll have to talk to them about it. Would you recommend them?

They have got good reviews in both Google and Facebook. One review mentioned a speed camera in a nearby 50kph zoned street. Sounds like it will be worthwhile talking with them and getting a quote.

1 person likes this

Interested to know their recommendations for your Camry whether it is a combination of Sachs struts and King Springs or a different brand combination.

Will be handy for me and other members to know if/when we are considering doing a suspension upgrade.

1 person likes this