Remote Frequency and Transponder Chip code

Saifullah

Hello

I just bought Echo Sedan 2003. It didn't have Remote key, so i wanted to buy it but didn't know the frequency and Transponder chip number. Any one knows what it is ?

Toyota Dealer is asking too much money.

Btw I have a Master Key and Gray key.

Edited by Saifullah

Transponder codes are unique to you vehicle. You may have luck with an automotive locksmith; otherwise, you will need to shell out the money at Toyota.

It depends on how the remote interfaces with the central locking.  In the case of my '99 Camry the remote ONLY handled central locking, the immobiliser chip was in the key fob so pairing up a new remote was easy-as (probably due to remote central locking not being standard on all models or something).  On my '97 and '98 Corollas however the immobiliser was part of the remote, so you needed an already functioning remote in order to program new ones yourself, or you had to take it to a dealership.

Post up a photo of what your key and remote looks like and we might be able to tell which one it is (or if it's a newer system which is different again)

Let me explain again.

I wanted to buy a key from ebay or somewhere else but i need the Remote frequency and Transponder chip number (not chip code) to make sure i buy the key which is compatible with my car. I will get the key cut and programmed.

These are the pics of my Master Key and Broken remote(got nothing with it no remote no key etc):

FJIMG_20170407_162223.thumb.jpg.6ff602fae1c73e3fec136ef9f352b0c2.jpgFJIMG_20170407_002348.thumb.jpg.624a455cc2c0f90d77d5b2eb81e80344.jpgFJIMG_20170407_002401.thumb.jpg.a202497517eea17ba6d144d389f16437.jpg

Thanks