Looking at getting Aurion help ?

Hey Guys its been a while, 

Sadly my Gold ACV40 camry was  written off and I'm now in the market for another car, and I'm looking at getting a Aurion and was looking for some Advice from fellow owner's

What year Aurion is best ?

Should I get SX6 or ZR6?

Is there anything that I should be on the look out for in in particular when looking at used Aurion ?

and what's the maintenance cost like ?

Guys any help would be very much appreciated,  thanks for your time guy's

As late as you can afford. The early engine issues were fixed in the later productions.

Maintenance costs are generally reasonably; however, repairs can be quite costly due to access issues. They are not the most maintenace-friendly vehicle.

6 hours ago, Buddah Kahuna said:

Is there anything that I should be on the look out for in in particular when looking at used Aurion ?

1 Excellent maintenance record. If not properly maintained, the 2GR-FE engine [like most modern engines] is prone to accumulated oil sludge. Engine smoking on startup is due to this oil sludge in the valve cover. Also check for engine noises at idle, it should be quiet with no squeaking or rattling sounds. 

2. Check for water pump leaks. Expensive repair job to replace water pump. Dealers have quoted $2000 saying engine has to be removed. Apparently it can be done without engine removal but still time consuming. 

3. Rear VVT-i oil line in earlier models [prior to July 2008?] had a rubber hose mid-section which eventually leaks. It is not a case of if but when. Replacing this oil line with a full metal line costs about $500-$600. 

1 hour ago, trentmeyer23 said:

As late as you can afford.

I agree with Ashley (Campbeam). I have found my 2008 model to be very reliable. However a good 'record of service' logbook would be high on my priorities, after reading some of the threads on the woes of vehicles that were not serviced regularly, and subsequently had major engine issues. Attention to the external oil line on earlier models should also be addressed if applicable.

Best of luck with your vehicle search.

Thanks for the advice guys I was looking at the 2007 models this one in particular see link below but I think he asking way to much what do you guys think ? the hard parts is finding one that is not Silver or white lols, But will look into the later 08's and above  

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Toyota-Aurion-2007/SSE-AD-4547796/?Cr=11

No chance for anywhere near $15K. That being said, I'd personally never own one again.

The other issue to be aware of is the melting dashboards.

Had the melting dash board in my Camry nothing a dash matt could not hide trentmeyer23  what issue did you with your Aurion ? the one I was looking at I was going to offer him something $7500 if its still for sale when the time comes

Edited by Buddah Kahuna

Personally, I wouold not have difficulty puirchasing a 2007 model, provided it has been regulary serviced.

Also I consider anything under 150K on the odo. would be OK. However a transmission oil change ( see previous discussions) may be in order.

My guesstimate is something around $8-9 thousand would be a fair price. What do others think?

4 hours ago, Buddah Kahuna said:

Had the melting dash board in my Camry nothing a dash matt could not hide trentmeyer23  what issue did you with your Aurion ?

Dashboard shouldn't melt regardless. There are fixes if under 10 years now.

We had the dash melt and VVT-i rattle(well serviced). A few early component failures and the annoyance to work on is another factor of us selling. Sold with just over 100,000 km, we bought at 30,000km.

It's a personal preference, I just wouldn't own another.

Mark,

I see lots of eligible Queensland Aurions On Gumtree and Carsales. Many are white or silver as you have already noted. However there are even some Prodigy's at reasonable prices which may be worth a look. I have nearly turned over 190K on the odo. on my 2008 Touring model with no troubles at all. No sticky dash either. However I religiously have it serviced by a reputable mechanic every 10,000 km. He informs me of potential issues before they occur, and I have had all of the common faults fixed or parts modified. I trust you can locate a good vehicle that will suit your requirements.

Edited by nswnotill
spelling

1 hour ago, nswnotill said:

Mark,

I see lots of eligible Queensland Aurions On Gumtree and Carsales. Many are white or silver as you have already noted. However there are even some Prodigy's at reasonable prices which may be worth a look. I have nearly turned over 190K on the odo. on my 2008 Touring model with no troubles at all. No sticky dash either. However I religiously have it serviced by a reputable mechanic every 10,000 km. He informs me of potential issues before they occur, and I have had all of the common faults fixed or parts modified. I trust you can locate a good vehicle that will suit your requirements.

Ill have little over $10,000 play with,  and I have good mechanic  I did look at the Prodigy's but I  very much like the sporty look  

@Buddah Kahuna Whatever car you get, be extra certain of the service history by way of books & RO's - a car really well maintained should give you little trouble especially if the issues common to the Aurion were already addressed & repaired. Synthetic oil use throughout it's life is a bonus, must be proved/written on RO's. Be certain of the cars use history & where it was parked, I would invest in either a highly competent mechanic you know of to check it all out including the body or get RACQ to do a thorough inspection.

On another note, if the Aurion was RWD the engine would be pointing the right way for blissful servicing & maintenance work ;)

• 1 month later...