Presara Bluetooth and Samsung Galaxy S7

dixie

Hi Guys,

I'm having a minor problem with my Bluetooth Connectivity and a Samsung Galaxy S7 phone. I have a 2009 Presara and other Samsung phones ie S2, S4 and S5, all paired with Bluetooth and all calls came in and out of the car, via the mic and speakers.

Now I have a Galaxy S7 and although it will pair with my Bluetooth, when I receive an incoming call, it now rings through my phone and not the car speakers and I have to speak into the phone!!

Can anyone enlighten me, on how to make the car Bluetooth answer the call and ring through the speakers.....and use the car mic, instead of the phone? Some additional software to download to the phone maybe!!

Thank You.

One of the first things to do would be to check that the phone itself is fully updated, might be a bug that's already been fixed.

2 minutes ago, LordBug said:

One of the first things to do would be to check that the phone itself is fully updated, might be a bug that's already been fixed.

Yes, I have all the latest updates. Possibly the S7 protocols, aren't recognized by the 7 year old head unit!!

• 2 years later...

My 2009 Aurion Presara and my Samsung galaxy s10 pair and work perfectly. Automatic pairing each time I enter the car. Phone uses car mic every call. Maybe its just the s7 model ? 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Technology especially all this digital stuff can be fickle. I can't see why the S7 won't comply and the S10 does.

Sometimes it's the  Bluetooth protocols not being compatible too as they keep changing them with the newer models.

I think my wife has an S7 too. I'll find out ( at work right now) and get back to you, because her phone works in our Aurion. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2020 at 3:25 PM, LordBug said:

Might be a chance dixie has upgraded his phone in the three years since he had the issue 😉

I have had the same Galaxy S6 for the last five years 🤣