2001 Prado Issue

AdrianBoyd

Hey guys!

I own a 2001 Toyota Prado Grande petrol auto. Always serviced on time and well taken care of.

Lately its been running a little rich. Long trips I've noticed it using more fuel than normal. Also, it has developed a little flat spot when pulling up to a round about or something and going to take off again, its seems to have a little miss. To top it off, if i was to put my foot down, it feels like its not getting enough fuel or air as it doesn't use all its power but then feels like that frees up somewhere in the rev range. Most wouldn't notice it but after driving it daily its clear it has an issue.

No codes have scanned up ad I've had it into 2 workshops now trying to find the fault. Plugs are new and aren't fowled and both workshops have scratched their heads as to what may be causing the problem. Injectors are also fine.

Any and all help greatly appreciated.

Immediate suspects are the air/fuel sensors, fuel filter and air filter. Also check the engine for any vacum leaks e.g. cracked/broken ends of the various vacum hoses.

I've had a good look around and all air lines appear intact and secure. For the $50 it costs to replace the fuel filter I'll do that today, but not sure that would explain it running a little rich?

14 hours ago, campbeam said:

Immediate suspects are the air/fuel sensors, fuel filter and air filter. Also check the engine for any vacum leaks e.g. cracked/broken ends of the various vacum hoses.

In particular, which sensors would you look at and is there a way of having them tested?