AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Kanmuri79

2008 Toyota Yaris Camouflage TRD Custom

1 post in this topic

Found this when looking at wheels on Gumtree. It seems Toyota Australia in 2008/09 approached Auto Salon to upgrade a Yaris and a Rav 4 for a car show.

Almost a decade along the Yaris is up for sale. It appears to have also lost its original titanium wheels as well.

https://autocity.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/witheren/cars-vans-utes/camouflage-toyota-yaris/1139136727

Here is some original info on it:

http://www.automobilesreview.com/auto-news/toyota-yaris-and-rav4-get-the-auto-salon-treatment/10756/

And you can find plenty of articles on it including posts from the head of the project on other Yaris forums by googling: toyota camouflage yaris project ng 

It would be cool if it could get into the hands of those that would really look after it. Hopefully a forum member picks it up.

auto-salon-yaris_01.jpg

auto-salon-yaris_02.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By marks_2_sparks
      Well I have been working on this for a few years and I think it is only fair that I show everyone what I think is worth all that effort.

it is a 1991 AE92 FXGT corolla. i have owned it for the past 5 years over which I have been working on slowly cleaning it up and making it into a clean and very stealthy car.
      This year I have been working with a panel beater friend and we cleaned it right back to not quite bare metal and spent almost 6 months getting the panels straight and clean enough for a fresh coat of factory black.
    • By Myxalplyx
      Hello all,
         I need your help with some info.  Those of you that have the TRD Supercharged Aurions, can you please tell me two things?  ...
      1)  What are your air/fuel ratios above 5000rpm to redline?  and
      2)  What is your ignition advance from 5000rpm to redline?   

Any help with this information would be very helpful.  Thanks in advance.  
    • By Neesh
      Hi All,
      I've just had the 130k service done on my Hilux by Toyota and to have them tell me the turbo has to be replaced, at a cost to me of $3k. It was making a whistling/siren sound corresponding to the engine revs  so I suspected it was a turbo problem but didn't expect that it need replacing this early in the cars life. I bought my Hilux brand new and have serviced with Toyota dealers for every service, even outside of warranty. I'd expect a turbo to last more than just over 4 years and 130k on a Toyota. I'm keen to know if anyone else has had a similar issue with there Hilux turbo failures, whether within or just outside of the warranty period and what was the outcome? Thanks
    • By 74 hiace motor home
      Hello all - after advice, i want to turbo and old 12R motor, is there a bolt on kit available, or has anyone got any advice on how to go about it. Alternatively is there a late model (non computer) motors with a bit of grunt that will bolt in as a direct upgrade into a 74 Hiace van - your help is appreciated - cheers
    • By TRD #527
      Hey lads, anyone with a TRD aurion running a boost gauge on their vehicle? From what i can see everything on the supercharger itself is a vacuum port and not a positive boost vac line that i can tee into.
      Only thing i can think of doing is tapping a fitting into my intake manifold and running it off that. 
      Any help would be excellent! Cheers