Fuel Filter Z646

krigeroz

I been looking for a fuel filter for Aurion 2013. I just need your help to identify the right fuel filter. 

I came across Ryco Fuel Filter Z646 $47 and its generic Z646 $14

I also asked Eziauto Parts auto for their suggestion and they gave me these parts: 

Ryco: Z936 - http://www.eziautoparts.com.au/ryco-fuel-filter-z936.html ($101.50)

Wesfil: WCF300 - http://www.eziautoparts.com.au/wesfil-fuel-filter-wcf300.html ($48.70)

Which fuel filter I would be able to fit in Aurion 2013?

Edited by krigeroz

On 8/10/2017 at 8:19 PM, trentmeyer23 said:

The Wesfil WCF22 looks correct.

Thanks, you are right, I was a bit confused, the filter should look like this:

Toyota.jpg

Edited by krigeroz

• 1 month later...

As some of you may know, I'm been trying to find the right fuel filter and I thought that I did find it..... I was wrong I thought I got the right one but when I pulled it apart, I found that it is not the one I need.

And when I was looking all the photos on the net I actually never saw a long version of the filter I have in my car. This filter was suggested by eziautoparts: Ryco Fuel Filter Z936 That's the one I got...

It is also not Ryco Fuel Filter Z646

I did clean the fuel strainer only, with a brake cleaner for now.

It should be something like this: Toyota Aurion GSV50R 77024-06280

Original filter cost $130 look for number 7702406280 it is part number for the fuel filter. 

Or I found it in this fuel kit:

20170908_161443[1]_resize.jpg

20170908_152849_resize.jpg

20170908_144235_HDR_resize.jpg

20170908_151347_resize.jpg

20170908_161332_resize.jpg

20170908_161327_resize.jpg

20170908_161310[1]_resize.jpg

Edited by krigeroz

10 hours ago, trentmeyer23 said:

Did you replace any of the seals/o-rings? A handful of those in the past, who haven't, have had issues with hard starting.

I did not replaced any seals/o-rings, I just made sure everything is at the right place. I had hard starting at first, but that was due to the empty filter, after that it was all normal and probably starts now a bit quicker after cleaning the fuel strainer, it was a reasonably dirty.

I just got an email from Eziauto Parts that they don't have that size filter even Ryco does not have it. They only have the one I got, but it is a wrong size. They suggested to get a  genuine one... So i probably going to get one from here77024-06280

Edited by krigeroz

On 9/13/2017 at 4:45 PM, trentmeyer23 said:

That item is not genuine. The number is, but not the item.

Yeah I know, I am not prepared to spend $130 for a genuine filter :smile:. I want it to be the identical and same size for reasonable price as it is just paper and plastic. It looks like in Australia they don't sell them, only genuine ones, maybe down the track there will be more options to choose from but for now there is none. The price should be $30 max $50 but not $130....  Sometime I think, that I am trying to get parts for BMW and not Toyota where it supposed to be more affordable and easy to get:cool: 

I just found a very good video on fuel filters and it made me lough so much:laugh: : 

So if anyone interested changing their fuel filter you can get it for $20 plus $25 USD postage via DHL from China. I looked everywhere and still  could not find any other place selling it for a better price.

This is a good place to find the right part numbers: http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/g_G_2013_TOYOTA_AURION_GSV50R-JETNKQ.html

Edited by krigeroz

I agree Krig.

As cars become more sophisticated,  so too does the service parts pricing structure. I'm not a fan of the intank filter, but we're stuck with it.

All Genuine parts suppliers are shamelessly expensive. They don't need to be, but it seems that gouging the consumer has become the order.