AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Hello I would like to introduce myself my name is jay & I own a 1984 Celica RA65 XT. When I purchased this car in 2012 it was a beautiful running good condition vehicle with the dream of turning into a drift car. So hear we are in 2017 & my beautiful car is not so good. So the story goes like this. I am self employed with an extremely low income with a family, so money is tight most of the time so we make do with what we've got. Lets just say building a drift car is going to take some time. So back to the car, all was going well, I was keeping the car in good condition starting & running it every couple of weeks so i decided to star on the turbo convertion. I already had a turbo I purchased for a previous project that was scraped so I built myself a custom turbo manifold & put the turbo on th 22re, plumbed it all in with an intercooler & there you go one turbo 22re Celica happy days & then one day I went to start it up & no go. So is started to look at the obvious things(air, fuel, spark). I found there was no fuel & no spark. So I call an auto elec & got him to look at fixing the problem but he had no idea what was wrong with my car, I was deverstated all that work to put a turbo on my car had it running & then just would start. Well I wasn't going to stop there I was determined to get this car running again so I diced to remove all the problem parts & get all new ones. So I got some 3sgte fuel injectors, a megasquirt 2 ecu & wiring harness with a trigger wheel & Hall effect sensor to see if we could get the 22re pos running. But after 2 years of tryng to get that engine running again & having owned the car for 5 years I made an excecutive decition & romoved the 22re engine & w55 gearbox to try something new. So after watching an episode of mighty car mods (10 second sleeper) I spoke to my best mate & asked him what he was doing with the old Ford EB XR6 manual he had sitting in his back yard & explained what I wanted to do so he told me its mine. So this is where the story gets real interesting I now have a 1997 Ford EL engine bolted to a1991 EB XR6 5 speed sitting in the front of my Celica. This project has just started so I thought I would invite you take a look & follow me as the progress continues.

Thank you for reading & hope to inspire other to start or complete there's projects no matter what others think. Just go for it.IMG_0202.thumb.JPG.44313dc6bb6eb57f2688c952f3073a8c.JPGIMG_0019.thumb.JPG.4480da629462f8b5d89a23b2f1d855fc.JPG

IMG_0037.JPG

IMG_0034.JPG

IMG_1741.JPG

IMG_1830.JPG

IMG_1842.JPG

IMG_2027.JPG

IMG_2079.JPG

IMG_2369.JPG

IMG_2371.JPG

IMG_2376.JPG

IMG_2406.JPG

IMG_2417.JPG

IMG_2464.JPG

IMG_1637.JPG

IMG_0041.JPG

IMG_0055.JPG

IMG_1338.JPG

IMG_1339.JPG

IMG_1340.JPG

IMG_1341.JPG

Welcome

Will be interesting to see the progress.

Welcome to the forum Jay

KAA

awesome project mate, should make it go pretty well (at least in a straight line :P)

Not much progress at the moment waiting for some parts to come. I made the new gearbox mounts and gave them a test fit. The gear box is still sitting a bit low so more mods are needed. I also went to the wreckers & got the power steering pump, tensioner, harmonic balancer & water pump pulley.

IMG_2594.JPG

IMG_2588.JPG

IMG_2562.JPG

Edited by Jay Tassie