AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

boatinghero

Nov 2012 Presara GPS update

boatinghero    0

I have recently purchased a 2012 Presara and there appears to be no map updates installed. What is the latest update version and any ideas on cost? Does anyone have the latest update and can it be downloaded more than once, share costs?

trentmeyer23    467

Toyota are very poor with map updates. New vehicles are being delivered with maps 2 years out of date and Toyota has no information on when they will be updated. The updates are also usually incredibly expensive.

You may be better off selling your current unit and purchasing a Google Maps compatible one.

KAA    34

As Trent said slack slack updates from Toyota..we ditched the head unit went to a nice unit that is easily updated..

KAA

TheOver60s    0

AS I intend to keep this vehicle for a few years the alternative you are suggesting sounds good, thanks for your help.

Syndicates    0

I also want to change the head unit, but i'm concerned about the inbuilt vehicle functionality linked to the existing head unit. Also have a 2012 Presara with out of date maps.

boatinghero    0

I purchased a DVD  from navigation Australia for $200 and was told to follow the instructions  when I received the disc. I have received this with no instructions and I have no idea how to remove the old map disc and install the new one. I contacted the supplier and was told they didn't have installation instructions and that I would have to take it to an expert or the dealer for installation. Apparently they don't want to know you after they sell you the disc. Can anyone help with the updating the map on a 2012 Aurion Presara 50 series?  Tom

Syndicates    0

Not sure if you saw this but... Not good. Is there any way you can dispute the transaction?

When I was looking at the Aurions, the dealer said it was a USB update. have you tried inserting the disk into a PC and see if there is any readme.txt?

boatinghero    0

I have located the unit that holds the map dvd which is located under the front passenger seat. It is impossible to get at unless you take out the seat. Toyota have quoted me  $500 approximately to update the maps. I think I will look at alternate head units. Any suggestions for these? All help appreciated. Tom 

KAA    34

Hi Tom, We found a lot of different choices about..A lot of info already on here about some units others have purchased and are using..Personally with our Presara we wanted easy to use and reliable unit so went for a Clarion..had it installed at a Monster Audio shop here and it was perfect service and fit..the unit came with the ability to have latest update online straight to the SD card..with such a wonderful car we went for quality all the way and it has performed very well..a long road trip proved its worth

I would check out what is on here and what is available at a good audio store

Hope you find what your after

KAA

trentmeyer23    467

Step 1. Buy Toyota.

Step 2. Throw head unit in the bin.

Step 3. Live happily ever after with a decent headunit.