Traction Contol Button force ATX

Daniel James

Hey Guys, I have a 2011 Toyota Aurion ATX that I like very much, I am a little annoyed however that this model didn't come with a traction control button, Im wondering if it's possible to install one, seeing as the sports models have them, anyone done this? 

According to Toyota Aurion spec list for your car, it seems that it did have traction control, even  the ATX.

I'm not sure about this, but I suspect it's always 'activated' with no means to switch it off.

Me personally, why would you opt to turn it off anyway ?

For a relatively powerful front wheel drive V6 car, you'll need all the traction you can get.

On 9/10/2017 at 9:17 AM, Tony Prodigy said:

According to Toyota Aurion spec list for your car, it seems that it did have traction control, even  the ATX.

I'm not sure about this, but I suspect it's always 'activated' with no means to switch it off.

Me personally, why would you opt to turn it off anyway ?

For a relatively powerful front wheel drive V6 car, you'll need all the traction you can get.

The traction control can be switched off by pressing Up, Up, Down Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A and then starting the engine.

I kid.  But yes there is a method for turning off the TCS in an Aurion, it's more convoluted than the Konami Code and you have to do it each time you start the car, but it is a well documented thing, take a look in the pinned Aurion FAQ thread and you'll find it

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/19545-the-tocau-aurion-faq/

• Like 1

There were a couple of lunatics a few years ago that implemented one, but there was a lot of stuffing around in the process.

Toyota obviously didn't want people turning it off accidently and putting unmetered power to the wheels unless it was intentional.