AE112R repair manual 1998

Hi,

I'm new to the forums and was recommended to come over from other places, Currently own a 1998 AE112r(corolla CSX, lucifer red, 96,xxx km's, automatic, bug eyed) how ever I'm looking at getting running costs down by doing my own repairs and services on the car, I've got a little experience with repairing and maintaing cars, previously had a ABS problem on the corolla and pinned out the flash code and fixed( apparently blowing a brake light bulb causes abs to turn off).

How ever I'm at the point of where I'm looking at getting a hayne's or similar repair manual for the car, how ever i have never looked inside of these manuals and was wondering what information i should expect from it?

The stuff I'm mainly looking at is the full service information and brake changing etc. has anyone got experience in these books and could recommend one or could show me a contents page?

All help appreciated, 

Cheers jf

Haynes or Gregorys will be perfect for you. It has all of those things in high detail.

I buy one for every car that I own(I actually have both for one of my cars), as there is plenty of useful information regardless of your knowledge or skill set.

28 minutes ago, trentmeyer23 said:

Haynes or Gregorys will be perfect for you. It has all of those things in high detail.

I buy one for every car that I own(I actually have both for one of my cars), as there is plenty of useful information regardless of your knowledge or skill set.

Thanks, whats the difference between ae112 and ae112r? I can only find books referencing ae112. 

Cheers jf

2 hours ago, j311yf1sh said:

Thanks, whats the difference between ae112 and ae112r? I can only find books referencing ae112. 

Cheers jf

They are the books you want. The "R" at the end of the model code signifies right hand drive.

I had a quick look and it seems that the Haynes/Gregorys books that cover the AE112 also do the ZZE122, which is never a good thing as you end up with more generic descriptions or things that aren't valid, especially when you've got two significantly different engines and two significantly different rear chassis/suspension designs.  I've got the model prior (AE102) and the Gregorys for _that_ model is really good and specific (since it only covers one model series), if anything you might be better off getting that one as the engine, drivetrain and suspension/brakes are identical between the AE102 and AE112.

6 hours ago, Hiro said:

I had a quick look and it seems that the Haynes/Gregorys books that cover the AE112 also do the ZZE122, which is never a good thing as you end up with more generic descriptions or things that aren't valid, especially when you've got two significantly different engines and two significantly different rear chassis/suspension designs.  I've got the model prior (AE102) and the Gregorys for _that_ model is really good and specific (since it only covers one model series), if anything you might be better off getting that one as the engine, drivetrain and suspension/brakes are identical between the AE102 and AE112.

Well, that sucks.

This is the one i was looking at http://haynes.com.au/prod2212.htm it covers 101, 102, 112 and the zze122, this is the one that covers only 112 and zze122 http://haynes.com.au/prod1899.htm

Sorry if linking like this isnt allowed.

Cheers jf