Where do you put jack stands?

krigeroz

I just want to confirm if it is ok to use this part of body frame for jack stands, I pointed with red arrows. I have jacks stands as in the photo below and I feel that one day, I 'm going to bend the pins which are recommended to be used for jack stands in the owner's manual, so I am looking for something more solid to put my jack stands for front and rear side of the car.

Capture_2.jpg

index.233.gif

jack points.jpg

Capture_3.jpg

I have mainly used the front cross=member rather than the chassis rails. This is mainly because I use a combination of both a pair of hydraulic jacks and jack stands.

Most of the time I have the vehicle supported by the hydraulic jacks [trolley style] with jack stands as back up.. Other times I lower the weight of the vehicle onto the jack stands and have the hydraulic jacks as secondary support.

If you use that spot, chock the rear wheels incredibly well.

Make sure you give the car a good shake before even considering getting under it. As much as you don't want the car falling off at all, it is better if it happens when you aren't under it.

• 3 weeks later...

The image shows the spots typically where the garage mechanic would lift your car via hoist.

Like campbeam said, I use the cross members. Solid as a rock.

Good point by Trent too. Make sure you chock the opposing side wheels very well.

Safety 1st ! Take your time to set it up safely and then attempt the repair.