Any recommended dash mats for 2007 AT-X?

nushydude

Hi, 

Can anyone recommend me a dash mat for my 2007 AT-X, which has some damages caused by the previous owner trying to install something (a sat nav, I reckon) Plus, I don't want the sun to melt the dash. Mine hasn't melted yet. 

Cheers

I don't feel it has an oily feeling. I honestly don't know what one of these melted dashboards look/feel like.

This is what mine looks like. I'm sure the pictures don't tell the whole story.

When you say melted, is it something you can only feel, or you can visually see a degradation too?  

I never keep the dash exposed to direct sunlight. I use a sunshade if I park it in the sun.

GKg0byb.jpg

4 hours ago, campbeam said:

SuperCheap Auto stock them. I ended up buying one on eBay.

I don't use a sunshade but I have the windows slighty open; about 1cm.

Any particular manufacturer/model number I should look for? 

I've seen some on ebay but they don't have a photo specific to the Aurion, so I don't know how they would actually look with my car. 

1 hour ago, nushydude said:

Any particular manufacturer/model number I should look for? 

SG-41T

Suggest that you keep using your sunshade.

I did a Google search about rejuvinating plastics and got a number of hits about using virgin olive oil. However, this made the dash quite shiny and glary onto the windscreen. I bought the dashmat to remove this glare.

I'd never put anything on the dash, door cards, consoles etc.  No Chemicals, olive oil any other rubbish like that. All these will do is accelerate degradation.

Too keep it protected either use a sun shade, crack your windows down 1cm like Campbeam says, use a dash mat, or try to park in the shade when ever possible.

A sun shade combined with a dash mat... your car will love you.

To clean, use a soft microfibre cloth in tepid water and wipe off dust and other contaminants.

Ebay is usually a good place to start looking, then extend your search to all your local Auto shops and compare brand, price and quality.

Edited by Tony Prodigy

its disgusting how there wasnt a recall on these cars for the ruined dash. Yes im aware theres people getting looked after, and being the original owner helps alot, but i betcha theres 10x more people who are being turned away, given the conversation i had with toyota whilst researching these cars before i purchased

My 17 year old fairmont sat in the sun for its entire life & the dash looked beautiful when i sold it, how did toyota get this wrong?

Just now, Metal_Head said:

its disgusting how there wasnt a recall on these cars for the ruined dash. Yes im aware theres people getting looked after, and being the original owner helps alot, but i betcha theres 10x more people who are being turned away, given the conversation i had with toyota whilst researching these cars before i purchased

My 17 year old fairmont sat in the sun for its entire life & the dash looked beautiful when i sold it, how did toyota get this wrong?

**** happens I guess. The supplier got the formula wrong so it seems. It's not Toyota's fault totally, but they are responsible the end product. Just like the air bag debacle. 

On 10/24/2017 at 8:52 AM, campbeam said:

SG-41T

Suggest that you keep using your sunshade.

I did a Google search about rejuvinating plastics and got a number of hits about using virgin olive oil. However, this made the dash quite shiny and glary onto the windscreen. I bought the dashmat to remove this glare.

I can't find anything related to dash mats by that number. 

There are a few on ebay. Try to find the least Cheap and Nasty type. Pay a bit more for a better quality product. If something is cheap, it's cheap for a reason and the seller couldn't give a hoot. He just wants your money.

Here's a good one.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Dash-Mat-Suits-TOYOTA-AURION-2006-2012-GSV40-MODELS-BLACK-Posted-in-box/291954237760?epid=1476740987&hash=item43f9d42140:m:mH3ylq62TIlPAIBYnS4v-Sw

On 10/24/2017 at 6:58 AM, trentmeyer23 said:

That dash looks like it is going by the shiny appearance.

Maybe, but I think it's more the picture quality.

Not all 40 series Aurions have the melting dash issue yes ?

49 minutes ago, Tony Prodigy said:

Hahaha ! Is Toyota still doing the dash recall ?

It's not a recall, but you can do an out of warranty claim if the vehicle is less than 10 years old.

34 minutes ago, Tony Prodigy said:

Maybe, but I think it's more the picture quality.

Not all 40 series Aurions have the melting dash issue yes ?

It's a matter of when; not if, it is going to melt.

All 40 series are effected or will be at some stage. Some worse than others.

2 hours ago, campbeam said:

I saw it too. Thanks.