My Woodgrain Trim

L4WL3SS

Wanted a luxo looking interior in my touring SE. After fitting a presara steering wheel, i couldnt afford the crazy prices the wreckers were asking for a couple bits of fake woodgrain, so i imported some high quality vinyl from the U.S. and went to work. I never realized when ordering the vinyl, it had a matte finish, bit of a bummer, but im pleased with it being my first attempt at vinyl wrapping anything

ev408h.jpg

24d297k.jpg

Edited by Metal_Head
  • Like 1

Looks Beautiful Mate !

Matt or Gloss doesn't matter, still looks fantastic.

I would take it as the Matt on the trim being matt as an offset to the Gloss on the wheel as one would expect the wheel finish to wind up glossy after years of usage. Get my Drift ?

Very Nice :thumbsup:

Thank you for the comments!!

Did a little more today, as ive never been happy with the over abundance of silver in the dash/console.  The woodgrain splits it up a little, similar look to the earlier accord euro's...... but i hope to never again have to remove that flip door pocket thingy, what a pain!!!! I couldnt remove it without ruining the spring (was this part put together by aliens?) then had HEAPS of fun bending it 50 different ways & re-engineered it to do its job sitting in a different spot

2do2ma.jpg

Edited by Metal_Head

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Metal_Head said:

thanks Akkadian

will leave it now i reckon, dont really want too much vinyl going on..... plus i cant see myself being able to do any more without making a mess of things

That part of the console is an area where it can scratch easily too. The vinyl wouldn't stand a chance and will look ordinary.

Edited by Tony Prodigy
typo

• 3 months later...

I have been thinking of doing the same thing with my ATX Aurion, except with carbon fibre instead.
It's great to see that something like this is actually possible and that someone else has done it already.
Also where did you order the vinyl wrap from?

• 2 weeks later...

5 bucks off Aliexpress.  Works a treat but some parts are a pig to put on properly.  Carbon fibre ones have a recurring pattern of diagonal lines so you have to get it all going on the same angle and direction as well