AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Metal_Head

First Toyota Dealership experience

Done the last service myself, apart from the brake fluid flush as i thought i'd leave that up to the pro's

Almost everywhere on the internet $99 seems a fair price for new brake fluid.

Toyota quoted me $170, and since theyre doing a wheel alignment for me, im biting the bullet to get both done at same time. Thing is they dont understand, they can rip me off & make some extra $$ from me now, but i will never be going back there for mechanical work unless i really have to, so they lose.

Edited by Metal_Head

1 hour ago, Metal_Head said:

Thing is they dont understand, they can rip me off & make some extra $$ from me now, but i will never be going back there for mechanical work unless i really have to, so they lose.

Yes they do, but they rely on that mentality. Probably costs them $20 - $40 including fluid and labour.

rang a brake shop, and now im getting it done for over $100 less, love how he was transparent in the fact its a 30min job. Great.

so i ring toyota to cancel the brake flush, but still keen to go ahead with the wheel alignment, and they had no issue with that, apart from raising the price of my wheel alignment by $20 now.  Absolute pack of ********, and god help me if anything goes wrong with this car that needs dealership attention in the future.

Edited by Metal_Head

Next step is to ring a suspension shop and get them to do the wheel alignment.

Wheel and tyre/suspension shops will charge far less.

I've had great results from Bob Jane. (No affiliation).

If you can find someone honest to bleed the brakes for a reasonable price, then go for it, otherwise it's not hard to do yourself if you are inclined.