AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

bobguthrie

best racks and front bar for 2016 Prado

Hi All, new to Prado after 20 years of rusting Pajeros.

Just bought a 2016 GXL and would welcome suggestions on the best roof racks and front bar.

Roof racks are for occasionally carrying timber etc. I was hoping to fit 3 racks but the rails are curved - does anyone have a solution?

Either way recommendations and "avoid these" would be appreciated.

The front bar can be a nudge bar or bull bar. I don't need a winch and I don't need to knock over small trees.

I want it to improve front reference points for parking etc., to mount some driving lights, and to support a detachable extension to line up with the roof racks. I leaning towards a bar that replaces the front bumper to give better approach angle and possibly under-body protection, but I'm a bit concerned about too much weight up front.

I've read the posts on the GPS issues. I have already decided the Toyota unit is too slow in giving directions, and data entry far too slow and clumsy - I'll stick with my little Garmin - much better GPS,  it gives me an accurate heads-up speed display, and has lifetime free updates.

Thanks in advance

Bob

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By DHILIF
      Hi Guys,
      This is my first post, So i have purchased the ute i need for work (gardener) and family a 2015 Toyota Hilux Dual Cab 4x4 SR. I purchased it knowing I could not fit my work rake, shovel and broom straight down the side of the tray. So i am now looking at options on how to put these in the back of my ute without having them laying under everything diagonally in the back (I need them very accessible). I have looked into fitting a Bike rack and using the 4 bike sections to put my tools across. any other ways i can do this? I Have a trailer but it is very difficult to take the trailer in the middle of the city because of traffic and that is where most of my work is.
      there is a rack that folds down and still allows the back tray to open and allow me to take out my lawn mower and other rubbish.
      Keen to see what others have come up with.

• By Imperial
      HI
      I require a set of roof racks for my tarago acr30. I have the base model with no rails on the roof. If anyone can help would be appreciated.
      Thank you Tony
      Sydney
    • By mkw
      Hi, I'm looking to buy a secondhand/used Prado 90 series bull bar (for a winch), it is non airbags.
      Im located in Sydney, NSW. If you have one you'd like to sell or get rid of, you can contact me at woolf.mk@gmail.com or call me on 0412 943 096.
      Martin