'Screech' When Turning

GreenFence

Hey guys,

Recently jumped shipped after owning Commodores, all of which kept giving me grief.

Picked up a 2010 Aurion today and I had a question in regards to an odd sound. When turning (and not all the time) I hear a screech sound. I thought it was a tyre screech but it seems to be coming from up front. And I'm not taking it fast around corners either. Power steering fluid is full. This car does have a 3 month/5000km warranty so I can get the issue fixed if it's the pump but I'm hoping it's just the belt. I am getting her serviced next week so I'll get my mechanic to look into it but I was hoping that somebody has possibly experienced this issue before and can shed some light

Cheers

Edited by GreenFence

Thanks for the reply.

Done some homework and I noticed it depends on the speed. You can take the same corner slower and it won't do it, which leads me to believe its tyres screeching. Apparently alignment can be a cause.

Michelin Energy XM2 ?

My original 2010 XM2 tyres liked to squeal on turns, when they got a bit low. Even with 4-5 mm left on the thread.

They lasted a fair while, but were quite hard.

• 1 month later...

Tyres related, I'd say. Combination of tyre, wear, alignment, tyre pressure and surface. Worth checking the pressure, had the problem on a Sonata 2007 with some Thai made Michelins that were overinflated at the time, plus the car would pull to the right pretty badly. The problem was aleviated by dropping from 36psi back to 32, which is what Hyundai recommends in the manual. Went away after replacing all 4 tyres, which included the wheel alignment. Hth

• 4 weeks later...

Put some fresh Michelin Primacy tyres on it and see how beautiful it drives.

Good to see to came to your senses ditching the Commodore. You made a wise choice buying the Toyota. The 40 series does have its share of minor issues but nothing compared to the Holdens.You probably know about these already.