AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Aref62

Engine health based on the cap and exhust

Hi!

Is the oil residual on the engine cap (photo is attached) a warning on the condition of the engine?

Also, when starting the engine, light white smoke comes out of the exhust, but it goes away after around 15 minutes.

Thanks!

53F8F884-B54E-448C-A73E-4180AFC95031.jpeg

Require more information of the engine fitted to your Prado[?] .

I did a Forum search with the terms white smoke and located this thread which might be relevant.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/44758-1kd-ftv-whitegrey-smoke/?tab=comments#comment-532678

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By PengNZ
      Hi guys, i just replaced my engine oil with 6.1L Nulon 5w-30 SN Long Life. But the oil level is higher than the high dot on the dipstick when the engine was stone cold. Just wondering what’s the best time to use the dip to check the oil level? Stone cold or after warming up? Cheers
    • By AlekseyDobrov
      Hi peoples ,I’m from Ukraine ,and love my car there’s Aurion from UAE ,2007 year engine is 2gr-fe, wanna ask a help about buy trd compressor to it becomes just leave dyno stand , and got 238,5 power ,and 320 torque , if some body can help how help my car thank you :) 
      Maybe bad engine oil ,maybe bad another things..,hope grow it till 350 :) bcs I love it :)

• By Willson92
      This question has probably been asked time and time again. I have a 92 single cab hilux that is raised it is also 4x4. Currently has a 2.4  diesel engine. I want to change it out for something with more go. Was looking at the lexus v8, any thoughts?  My main worries are: 
      -would I lose the 4x4? 
      -fuel consumption 
      -would I need to change the prop shafts and diff to handle the new engine. 

Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys. 
    • By Canon_Spec
      Item: HKS S-Type Oil Cooler Pro Kit 86/BRZ - Part No: 15004-AT011
      Item Condition: Brand New in Box - Only opened to inspect contents
      Reason for Selling: Selling I as I no longer need it.
      Price and Payment conditions: Price is $1000 - Can post at buyers expense. Pick up at 2000 BH, 2560 AH.
      Feel free to PM for more details.

• By Bendee
      HI guys,

First time posting, just wondering if you guys could clear up a few questions I have, in converting a ep91 5 speed starlet and putting the paseo 1.5L engine in to it.

Question 1:
      Is the engine loom in the starlet the same as the loom in the Paseo or will I need the Paseo loom?

Question 2:

The starlet is currently a 5 speed manual the Paseo donor car I have is an automatic, will the Paseo ecu run if I keep the manual transmission? 

Question 3:
      Will the 5 speed starlet box bolt straight onto the Paseo engine? 

And are there any other modifications I need to do? 
      Or any other info that would help would be greatly appreciated.