AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

KlugerHawk

2017 Kluger Oil leak between Engine and gear box

2017 Kluger just had first service at 6 months/10000km. The dealer noted an oil leak "between the engine and gear box" but are not fixing yet. Should I ask them to? There is a new (wet) drip (highlighted) but no oil on the carport floor.

Kluger 1.jpg

Kluger 2.jpg

2 hours ago, KlugerHawk said:

The dealer noted an oil leak "between the engine and gear box"

You do not expect an oil leak on a new vehicle so I understand your concern. Good that the dealer has recorded this issue just in case it becomes a future warranty claim.

One fairly benign explanation could be some excess oil venting via a breather tube. Please note that this is sheer speculation/guesswork.

For peace of mind, you could request the dealer to confirm/check the oil level in the transmissions.

They should be cleaning, diagnosing and rectifying the fault under warranty.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Chris Hull
      Hi - Hopefully I am not repeating an old post.  I was just wondering if anyone has any tips on popular performance modifications?  Tune up possibilities for the Kluger?  I have the 3.5v6 and I am sure its possible to get more Oomph out of the engine with a bit of tweaking : )
      Also - Is there any basic maintenance people recommend other than the usual servicing?  I have a 2008 model.  Its going great at the moment.  I've seen 'engine sludge' mentioned on other posts though?

• By klugerdex
      Hi Everyone,
      Has anyone had a steering problem on their Toyota Kluger? My Kluger Grande AWD nearly killed me the other night when the steering completely failed. I could not turn left or right. The steering wheel just kept turning continuously and unable to control the car. The incident did not result in death or injury to other drivers or myself but it was the most frightening experience I have ever had driving a Toyota. Watch the video.
      20170811_195341.mp4
    • By Simon2012
      I recently built a battery box for the back of my 2012 Kluger kxr.  It has a projecta Dc-Dc charger which needs an ignition signal to tell it when the car is running for the best charging.  Does anyone know the best (easiest) place to pull an ignition signal from?
    • By pup_x
      Is it possible to install the Toyota Genuine Tow Bar and side steps from my MY13 Kluger to the new MY17 Kluger ?