MT

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good Morning!

We have finally worked out a time for our meets each month!

When: Last Monday of every month (next will be the 24th April)

Where: The Lighthouse, Belconnen (im pretty sure its on Emu Bank)

Time: 7:30 ish

What?: have a nice feed, play a couple of games of pool, then bugger off and do whatever we feel like at the time!

Anyone is welcome, but probably would be best if u posted up in here that u were coming to a certain meet so that us who are there everytime know to look out for u!!!

Just a chance to meet up and have a feed and a chat with other corolla enthusiasts, so come along and have a good time!

p.s also on a side note, we are planning to do a Sunday cruise between the monthly meet occasionally, first one is planned for the 8th but i think we should just work it out by chatting rather than having something set to do, yeah?

cheers guys!

Michael

This is fine Mr. T. I'm happy either way B)

Good Morning!

We have finally worked out a time for our meets each month!

When: Last Monday of every month (next will be the 24th April)

Where: The Lighthouse, Belconnen (im pretty sure its on Emu Bank)

Time: 7:30 ish

What?: have a nice feed, play a couple of games of pool, then bugger off and do whatever we feel like at the time!

Anyone is welcome, but probably would be best if u posted up in here that u were coming to a certain meet so that us who are there everytime know to look out for u!!!

Just a chance to meet up and have a feed and a chat with other corolla enthusiasts, so come along and have a good time!

p.s also on a side note, we are planning to do a Sunday cruise between the monthly meet occasionally, first one is planned for the 8th but i think we should just work it out by chatting rather than having something set to do, yeah?

cheers guys!

Michael

Goddammit I'm sick again! :angry:

Anyway, btw I like the idea of having a random BBQ. Let us arrange one in the future down at the cotter or something and bring some friends etc. And if you have a fishing rod then you can catch dirty **** carp :blink: .

BYE BYE for nowwwww!!! (I'm high on cold and flu tablets :blink: sorry)

Yeah BBQ or something would be cool. Although if todays weather is anything to go by, its gunna get real cold real quick!

Approaching my 2nd Canberra winter...not looking forward to it.

(Dammit, they dont have an emoticon that looks like an Eskimo)....

Yeah BBQ or something would be cool. Although if todays weather is anything to go by, its gunna get real cold real quick!

Approaching my 2nd Canberra winter...not looking forward to it.

(Dammit, they dont have an emoticon that looks like an Eskimo)....

The cold air will do the 2zz's and 1zz's good tho. Imagine the pull we'll all have when we grab cold air intakes mick ;) hehe

Yeah man, an intake is probably going to be my next mod (either that or the stereo).

I think my exhaust will get louder with an intake too... yikes!

I shall send you a clip of David from melbourne. He is running a muffler and Injen CAI. The tone and sound is awesome hehe. The car just growls loudly when it's opened up and purrs down low. It makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up lol.

evening all!

i've been thinking (yet again) and discussing with rob and we reckon we should have a photo shoot for our meet next sunday (9th) and we've decided we should head out to the carillion on the lake, cos there is a mad carpark (dont stress mick, its only hard gravel, no dirt!!!) in the arvo, take a couple of photo's and then go for a cruise somewhere.

any thoughts? get posting people!

Micky T

Edited by micky_tee

Yeah I think this is a good idea!

....I'm trusting you bout the dirt Mick.

My car had a detail last night so its all ready to go!

Maybe meet for lunch somewhere bout 12, then cruise out for the shoot, then another cruise elsewhere if everyone is up for it before venturing home.

Hope 12 isn't too early for everyone. That way everyone can be home by 3 or 4 to get other stuff before the end of the day. (I'll need to anyways).

Post up some ideas for the lunch venue guys, thats if everyone is in agreeance of course!

Maybe meet for lunch somewhere bout 12, then cruise out for the shoot, then another cruise elsewhere if everyone is up for it before venturing home.

Hope 12 isn't too early for everyone. That way everyone can be home by 3 or 4 to get other stuff before the end of the day. (I'll need to anyways).

Post up some ideas for the lunch venue guys, thats if everyone is in agreeance of course!

Lunch...lunch lunch. Let me seeeeee (dammit, I hate it how we don't have kebab vans here!!!) a list I have prepared:

a) We could be super cool trendy ******ers and get something in Manuka or Kingston (Sammy's Kitchen...sweeeeet).

B) We could get something from civic, like Chicken Gormet or Kapital Kebab.

c) We could go through a drive through, get ****, go to the Carillion and then eat it beside the Lake or something.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"A VY commodore could beat a sportivo in a straight line drag." - SSS Pulsar owner

"Oh yeah? WELL MY UNCLES JUMBO JET COULD BEAT YOUR SSS IN A STRAIGHT LINE DRAG!!! SOOO MERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!" - Rob, Sportivo owner.

An idea:

1) Meet at CIT Reid TARMAC (yes Mick, TARMAC lol) car park at around 11:30am Sunday

2) Get food and crap, then head to Carillion

3) Photoshoot commences

I promise I won't be sick this time :S

An idea:

1) Meet at CIT Reid TARMAC (yes Mick, TARMAC lol) car park at around 11:30am Sunday

2) Get food and crap, then head to Carillion

3) Photoshoot commences

I promise I won't be sick this time :S

Looks good to me....

1) central location

2) people can get what they want

3) will look 'fully sick' :P LOL

I will be there (with a car).... Richo

Richo, my friend, we will be so fully sick we could almost be lancer drivers! :P no no really, none of us are that sad!

anyways people, this is all sounding real good! 12 is fine with me mick, only time its not fine when we're talking about meeting at 12 when its 11:30!!!!!! haha but when there is notice its fine!

food doesnt bother me either way, im good with anything boys we can work it out on the day or something really i guess. and reid cit carpark sounds great too, i reckon i should be able to find it and its dam close to the carillion as well! this is sounding real good guys!!

there should be a few of us there too which is good, so far confirmed is...

Me, Rob, Mick, Jimmy and Richo...

and i've sent emails to anthony (2 beers), sheldon (order last 1 - and told him to invite red sportivo ozzy girl) and also Fad, who has a 1ZZ. waiting for replies now... and richo will invite glenn... man we will confuse canberra, jimmy's loud 1ZZ, the growling of the 2ZZ's on lift, and then a blow off valve... this is sounding more and more like fun guys!!!!!!!!!

mick, u gonna bring your missus and her rolla along to this one? or is she not interested in this kinda stuff, just like mine?

Thanks mick!

Got your email, thanks for the invite should be gd for sunday(not 100% but should be gd!) BTW anyway interested in attending a skid experience course......YES you heard it right, its out at sutton road driving training centre.(in CAnb)

Just signed up for it today...http://www.sdt.com.au/ADVANCED.htm...check it out! it's actually on Saturday 8th April at about 8am,(NOT AS SCHEDULED FOR SUNDAY) runs for 4 hrs and costs $145. I know it sounds a bit steep but should be FUN....and there are a few spots left too!

Yes i wonder how many bits i'll be able to loose at it before the photo shoot! hehe

chereo

two beers

hey mate!

good to hear from u!

nice work with the course, Tayles and i did one a while ago now, man its lots of fun trust me! and dont stress, $145 is about average for these courses, but its definatly worth it!

it'll be good to finally meet u on sunday, but your gonna be scrubbing your car sat night, the skid pan isnt the cleanest place in the world!

cheers for replying

hey sheldon,

we are thinking we are going to meet up, maybe have something to eat, then go down to the carillion and take a few photos of our cars, and then if we feel like it, go for a drive somewhere and terrorise canberra lol. ok maybe not that last part

nope, dont need to prepare anything, u can wash your car i guess (i know i will - blue always looks dirty) but apart from that, just invite your friend in her red sportivo so we have many more cars!

Guys,

All this is sounding good. I'm spewin though because I got reminded today that I have tickets to the Bulldogs vs Raiders game 2:30pm Sunday. (My gf is a Raiderette).

I'm trying to work out some way that I can do both.... not sure how at this stage.

Everything has to arise at the same time. Story of my life!

Guys,

All this is sounding good. I'm spewin though because I got reminded today that I have tickets to the Bulldogs vs Raiders game 2:30pm Sunday. (My gf is a Raiderette).

I'm trying to work out some way that I can do both.... not sure how at this stage.

Everything has to arise at the same time. Story of my life!

Come with us, have some lunch mate, take some quick snaps, and then quickly set off to Bruce Stadium at 1:15pm. Easyyyy mannnnn. I can sense a 40-0 scoreline to the Raiders somehow too...hmmmmmm :D

good to hear glenn! would love to see how the turbo is going and if u've sorted out all the problems yet!

come on mick dont be soft its a sportivo u can get to Bruce in under 10 mintues! just come out for a bit mate, we'll eat quick so we can take lotsa photo's before u shoot off!

mick, u gonna bring your missus and her rolla along to this one? or is she not interested in this kinda stuff, just like mine?

Pity she has to work (Raiderette). Perhaps next time. I know mine's coming. She loves the Sportivo (she wants one lmao). Strange how I have the only gf amonst us that actually encourages me with modding it lmfao. Is that good or bad? hehehehe

Pity she has to work (Raiderette). Perhaps next time. I know mine's coming. She loves the Sportivo (she wants one lmao). Strange how I have the only gf amonst us that actually encourages me with modding it lmfao. Is that good or bad? hehehehe

As stated by Rob my gf won't be coming. She is into modding too! Since I got my car she has: dropped hers on King lows, 17's, tints, chrome exhaust tip (no sports exhaust due to it being auto).

I really should post some pics up as its a pretty smart looking car.

I just know she wouldn't enjoy talking cars for hours on end like we do.

Either way I'll come for the feed on Sunday, pics too if there's time.

Sammy's sounds good, had an unreal feed there before Thursdays meet!

As stated by Rob my gf won't be coming. She is into modding too! Since I got my car she has: dropped hers on King lows, 17's, tints, chrome exhaust tip (no sports exhaust due to it being auto).

I really should post some pics up as its a pretty smart looking car.

I just know she wouldn't enjoy talking cars for hours on end like we do.

Either way I'll come for the feed on Sunday, pics too if there's time.

Sammy's sounds good, had an unreal feed there before Thursdays meet!

hahah nice mick, the only thing my gf does to her car is make me clean it! lol

you guys are making me hungry did u know that?

im getting pretty excited about sunday, we got a good number of people coming.

On a side note, regarding UHF radios:

Went to Dicksmith in Civic today.

The UHF's that Mickey Tee and Tayles brought off Eggbert do actually have duplex function, which basically means they are compatible with UHF repeater stations. This means if we are in range of a repeater station you can extend your range up to 100km.

So really there isn't a whole lot of reason to buy the more expensive ones like I initally thought.

they come in two different packs:

Twin pack - $60 ($30 each)

Four pack - $100 ($25 each)

As it stands, myself and Richo are going to be getting a twin pack together unless I hear from two others, in which case we will get a four pack. You will need to bring your own batteries which are 3xAAA.

Leave a message here or PM me and we'll organise.

I'm also sometimes available on msn: mick0082@hotmail.com (please note if i'm in away status i'm generally not there).

Cut off to let me know about this is friday. I will be going to get the radios either Saturday during the day or Sunday before the meet.

Thanks guys!

Edited by mick0082