[ACT] Canberra Thread

MT

Rob: Turbonator???

Was just snooping round the forums guys and found a meet that the Sydney boys are having on Sunday 7th May.

Basically they are cruising from Sydney to Tallowa Dam.

Now Richo suggested this to me last week so i'll post the suggestion here.

Tallowa Dam cruise info HERE

Is anyone interested in hooking up with this cruise? Whereis says its approx 200km from Canberra to the Dam which is in the Kangaroo Valley.

Looking at the map on whereis we head out towards Goulburn as if we were heading to Sydney on the Hume, then take an exit onto the Illawarra highway as if heading for Wollongong, from there its only apparently around 50km further.

Now i'm not too sure how accurate those directions are as whereis can sometimes take you the long way around.

This is pretty much just an expression of intereset, I'm not even sure I will be able to make this myself at this stage but should be a great day out for anyone able/willing to make the trip.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hmmmmm sounds good mickey.... dunno about uni though, so i'm a bit iffy on this... but i'll keep it in mind.

on a more important topic however, can i get a show of hands of who thinks that they will most likely be attending next monday?

Yes!

I am planning to be at the Lighthouse next Monday (24/4/06)

Found out tonight that my girlfriend has some visitors coming to stay but we've made a game plan that should keep everyone happy.

So I plan on still attending this one.

Hope to see as many there as possible!

hmmmmm sounds good mickey.... dunno about uni though, so i'm a bit iffy on this... but i'll keep it in mind.

on a more important topic however, can i get a show of hands of who thinks that they will most likely be attending next monday?

mmmm.....can you see my hand...lol

Yeah i will be there!!!!

Mornin Mornin,

New Stivo round CBR. Rob Scouted me in Fyshwick one day the other week and told me bout u guys. At this stage i'm not sure if i can make the meet on monday (24th) as i have other plans at this stage but i'll try to do some shuffling.

Mornin Mornin,

New Stivo round CBR. Rob Scouted me in Fyshwick one day the other week and told me bout u guys. At this stage i'm not sure if i can make the meet on monday (24th) as i have other plans at this stage but i'll try to do some shuffling.

Awesome...welcome to the fray Chris :D

Mornin Mornin,

Awesome...welcome to the fray Chris :D

Hey! I was really looking forward to the meet but unfortunately I don't think I can make it because I mite be heading to Sydney.....(ANZAC DAY). So boys...have fun!

Mornin Mornin,

Woo!!! gotta love new members! anyways, i think u should put all other plans on permanent hold to ensure u are there on monday! haha just jokes but will be good to meet u!

come on who else is coming?

Edited by micky_tee

Prob a no from me unfortunately,

Need to be at the morning service at 4:00am on Anzac day, for Red cross......does anyone know how cold it is then???? Why i tell ya.....

Managed to strip back the front spoiler and araldite it back together, repainted and all and back on car inc. inner guard gaffa taped! DIY:-)

Went down for a day trip to the coast on the sunday.....think i really just wanted to go for a long cruise......gd trip.......gosh i love the clyde mountain.....ran the rolla in nicely! Though some stupid VZ SS held me up doin 40 at the top of the hill........why bother really.....i reckon the V8 wasn't even run in!

chereo

Two beers

350 Chev. 351 Cleveland. 302 Boss Motor. Now they are V8's. Pfft VZ SS. The new F6's and GT's are still really good tho. F6 = 270kw and 550nm of tourque. 550nm...of tourque. That is insane :blink:

torque :P

BTW two beers, i get up at 4 almost everyday, at the moment its a bit random, on sunday and monday, it was about 2 - 3 degrees, this morning it was about 12... real nice! so yeah, make sure u wear warm clothes! and u should come by for a little bit, it starts at 7:30. u dont need that much sleep :P

Mornin Mornin,

Welcome to our "awsome, fashion, nice, fast, big, intelligent... " family~~~ :lol:

Need to be at the morning service at 4:00am on Anzac day, for Red cross......does anyone know how cold it is then???? Why i tell ya.....

Managed to strip back the front spoiler and araldite it back together, repainted and all and back on car inc. inner guard gaffa taped! DIY:-)

Went down for a day trip to the coast on the sunday.....think i really just wanted to go for a long cruise......gd trip.......gosh i love the clyde mountain.....ran the rolla in nicely! Though some stupid VZ SS held me up doin 40 at the top of the hill........why bother really.....i reckon the V8 wasn't even run in!

chereo

Two beers

mmmm....poor excuse...shame, shame, shame....lol :)

Na all good, however i will be there (representing the Rolla Pride) and then i too will be getting up very early in order to have a ADFA tradition of Rum and coffee with a few speeches at the mess before jumping on the buses to move down the road for the morning service.

If you see me, come say hello. I will be one of the hundreds of military personnel in my best greens :)

chereo

Two beers

mmmm....poor excuse...shame, shame, shame....lol :)

Na all good, however i will be there (representing the Rolla Pride) and then i too will be getting up very early in order to have a ADFA tradition of Rum and coffee with a few speeches at the mess before jumping on the buses to move down the road for the morning service.

If you see me, come say hello. I will be one of the hundreds of military personnel in my best greens :)

Do you get to hold a Styer? If so can I hold one too?

Guess everyone wakes up bloody early these days!

Def a night person myself:-) I'll see what i can do about MON night, a 50:50 right now, depending how much of these stupid uni assign i can smash out!

chereo

two beers!

PS. I'll be in red cross T-shirt/cap on anzac day serving coffee to the oldies.....so say hi if ya see me!

I'm in too homies :)

Hey my friggin UHF radio is out of batteries already..... i didn't even leave it on. And I used it at the meet for like 2hrs. Not happy Jan. I'ma buy some of those hardcore ones.

Peace

Sure you didn't leave it on Jimmy?

I had brand new batteries for the last meet and its still fine. I'm only using regular duracell's as well.

Used it last weekend for abit as well while visiting the folks.

Quite a fair few ppl still UHF's out there so its quite entertaining to scan the channels and have a listen!

A previous CD radio experience with a guy at a party:

"Breaker breaker" - unknown

"Huh?" - Guy

"Breaker, need a toe. Out at Corin...bogged."

"Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha" - Guy

"WTF ARE YOU LAUGHING AT?!?" - unknown

"You're boggggggged. HAHAHAHA" - Guy

Poor ***** lol. I listened to make sure someone did eventually toe him tho lol.

I agree...I had a good time. Micky and I also smashed out rumours that the 03 is faster than the 04. We were literally dead even. The 2zz's were in chorus with each other that perfect that it actually spaced me out a bit lol. An 03/04 vs 05 battle should go ahead tho methinks, to totally destroy any other rumours (we should do this while our cars are stock too).

See you peeps soon!

PS: Karen, Glenn, Anthony......we were you hmmmmmmmmmm?