Tyres Available To Replace Sportivo Rims

BigBum

mmm someone should add these in the 205/55/16 range

Hankook Ventus Prime K105

why?

i found some facts regarding these tyres which out did the europeans on thread life and overall performance.

from Hankook tyre europe more recently march 19th 2008

and from tyre uk Dec07 article

Hankook Ventus Prime Luxury UHP-tyre Receives Award from Belgian "Autowereld"-Magazine

Hankook's Ventus Prime tyre placed second in the 2007 wear test of Belgian magazine Autowereld, (Oct. 24, 2007) outranking Pirelli, Dunlop, Continental, Bridgestone and Goodyear - again a great result as the Ventus Prime recently received a shared 1st place in French car magazine Auto Plus mileage test, rated with "outstanding tread life" (issued: September 4, 2007).

Throughout the tests on public roads and test tracks, where eight Skoda Octavia 2.0 TDI's have been driven over 10,000 kilometers each, all tyres were frequently changed to test diversity. The tyre size 205/55 R 16 was tested for this purpose over a period of a month. It is commonly used for mid-sized cars like BMW 3-Series and Mercedes-Benz C-Class, as well as compact cars such as VW Golf, Peugeot 407. The Hankook Ventus Prime provided the second highest mileage of all seven tested top-branded candidates.

Autowereld emphasized the great price performance ratio compared to the other big tyre manufacturers involved in the test. Therefore, it comes as no surprise that the German media was also convinced by the product: Auto Plus' German sister-magazine, Auto Bild, has given the Ventus Prime a great label, too - its best grade "exemplary" in last year's summer tyre test (issue: 11/2006, tested dimension: 195/65 R 15 H).

"Our products are on the right track to being widely recognized as premium brand products competing among the big tyre manufacturers on a global level," commented Seung-Do Jin, Hankook Tire Executive Vice-President and COO for Europe on the result. "This result can also be explained by our strong relationships with numerous OE-manufacturers. The award provides additional proof of the high product quality we offer throughout our product range."

just thought id give people even more choice~! haha cheers

Auto Motor und Sport March 2008 Edition

Ranks, Tire Maker & Product

Result

1 Hankook Ventus Prime Very Recommendable

2 Continental Premium Contact 2 Recommendable

3 Bridgestone Turanza ER 300 Recommendable

4 Nokian Z G2 Recommendable

5 Goodyear Excellence Recommendable

6 Kumho Ecsta SPT Recommendable

7 Michelin Primacy HP Recommendable

8 Fulda Exelero Partly Recommendable

Edited by Wixy

• 9 months later...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just adding a quickie to this thread.. For those people wanting a set of replacement tyres in the same size as original (and someone may want to update the first post with this) Toyo make their Teo model tyre in 195/55/16.

They're listed as a "Touring" tyre, so may not be everyone's cup of tea, but for between $140 - $150 per corner they aren't bad value for money ;)

Just put these on my corolla sportivo.

I'm not one for pushing performance boundaries on my car - no modifications at all, my car has never seen a track and I don't drive it hard (well, not very often) on the street. Daily driver through and through, with the occasional push on the freeway onramp :) . So far (and I'm the first to admit my experience with them is limited) they're quiet, especially in the wet compared to other tyres I've used in the past, and they grip really well both wet and dry. Supposed to offer low rolling resistance for better fuel economy too, I haven't had them long enough to really have an opinion on that yet tho. Got mine for 140 each from Tyrezone in Capalaba, stock size 195/55 16. 0 complaints, you can do a lot worse for the price.

• 3 weeks later...

read the entire thread, new question

if i get 205.50, will my rpm level be higher than the standard 3200 at 100kmh (assuming exactly 100kmh regardless speedo reading)). and if get 205.55, will my rpm level be lower than the standard 3200kmh at 100kmh(exactly). any idea just how much different. would love to drop it below 3000rpm on the highway.

i ask as i'd like to drop the revs on the freeway without changing the final ratio. it annoys me more than anything with this car the revs on the highway at 120.

whitestivo

Edited by whitestivo

When I'm driving on the freeway with the speedo indicating 100km/h in 6th, my tacho says 3.3/3.4k..

My tyre size is 205/50/R16 on the stivo rims

Hope that helps you somewhat :)

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Great thread guys, cant thank you enough.

Bought a pair of tyres from Bridgestone the other week.

Turanza ER300 - 195/55/16r 87H, FYI,

be careful when buying new tyres especially Bridgy's as they do not meet the minimum Speed rating (V). Although this is not a problem, I think it is neglegent to supply tyres below the manufactures specifications.

H - 210km/h

V - 240km/h

Also, when putting on 205/50's they will register more kilometers then what you have actully travelled on your car therefor possibly giving it a lower re-sale figure. Just a thought :)

Thanks,

Shenty

• 1 month later...

be careful when buying new tyres especially Bridgy's as they do not meet the minimum Speed rating (V). Although this is not a problem, I think it is neglegent to supply tyres below the manufactures specifications.

H - 210km/h

V - 240km/h

And what I would like to know is why some d*h* bureaucrat says I have to fit tyres that have a minimum speed rating equal to or exceeding the original fitment tyres ( 210 kph ) and then that same agency limits me to a top legal speed of 110 kph. Why can't I fit tyres with a speed rating of 160kph as I am not likely to exceed this speed.

For the record I currently have the Toyo ProxesT1R in 195/55 which grip like no-one's business especially in the dry and will be changing to the Toyo Teo plus shortly.

• 1 month later...

Yokohama A-Drive R1's are a good sporty tyre. A little more expensive than others but they last a long time and a good in the dry and wet.

205/50/R16 is what I have replaced a would recommend these for daily driving. Any track work, I'd recommend others!

Edited by maca_10

• 3 months later...

H - 210km/h

V - 240km/h

And what I would like to know is why some d*h* bureaucrat says I have to fit tyres that have a minimum speed rating equal to or exceeding the original fitment tyres ( 210 kph ) and then that same agency limits me to a top legal speed of 110 kph. Why can't I fit tyres with a speed rating of 160kph as I am not likely to exceed this speed.

For the record I currently have the Toyo ProxesT1R in 195/55 which grip like no-one's business especially in the dry and will be changing to the Toyo Teo plus shortly.

Tyres are rated at what they are capable of. Tyre speed ratings have to do with uniformity of the tyre. The higher the speed rating the greater the uniformity. A "V" rated tyre is loaded on a barrel with another barrel loaded against it at its maximum weight and spun for 24 hours at 240 kmh. It must show no signs of distortion affter this period. It has nothing to do with speed you drive at. The manufacturer of the vehhichle sets the speed rating of the car using a complex formula of power, torque of both engine and brakes . It also takes into acoount top speed of the vehicle and cornering ability.

The higher the speed rating the better the casing uniformity is. This means usuallyat 110 kmh a much smoother ride.

• 1 month later...

Anyone used 195-55-16 ACHILLIES ATR ???

saw these on ebay.. was wondering if people had any issues with these?

Another generic piece of poo brand. Don't skimp on tyres.

Anyone used 195-55-16 ACHILLIES ATR ???

saw these on ebay.. was wondering if people had any issues with these?

Another generic piece of poo brand. Don't skimp on tyres.

yea, when i bought the toyo's the guy mentioned em to me...

never heard of em.. so yea

k staying away from them LOL

thx

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

ended up getting a set of Bridgestone Andrenalins RE001s yesterday 205/50/16

How are you finding the tyres? I'm also been quoted $189 with fitting and balance for the Bridgestone Adrenalin 205/50R16's and wanted to see what others thought of them...

I've read some comments online (various sources) about wet weather performance can be an issue once tyres have some mileage on them; also some have reported wheel spin in the wet when previous brands did not.

I also found the following site that listed user’s reviews and they are down the list a little (but only with 16 votes so far)

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre-Size/16-Inch-Tyres/205-50-16-Tyres.htm

Edited by fudgebottom