Xoom's Turbo 2ZZ Sportivo

xoom

Xoom is that a high boost button on the steering wheel :spiteful:

that yellow button is the difference between 15psi and 21psi :spiteful: :spiteful: :spiteful: :spiteful: :spiteful: :spiteful: :spiteful: :spiteful: :spiteful:

• 3 months later...
Hi mate,

Nice setup! Just wondering what is the material you are using for the heatshield called?

Thanks

Yes! Me too!! Tell us :)

im not 100% sure what its made from as i cant seem to find the packaging ..... but its the stuff they use in the drag cars and top fuellers to heat shield things ..... got it from one of my mates in the racing industry .... its good for 900 degrees C so i think it should do the job ;) ;) ;)

Hey dude, just curious about the path that the intake is going?

How is it going from the throttle body back around to the Turbs? and then how for the POD off the turbs?

Whats the path it takes?

its a bit hard to explain but if im standing in front of the car looking @ the engine all the piping is routed via the right hand side and the FMIC is a single side inlet/outlet. Good luck to anyone that thinks they can mount the turbo the other way ....... so ur challenge is either make life difficult routing the FMIC & air filter piping OR make life routing the dump pipe ..... i chose to do the later ......

the pod is not where it would be wen u mount a CAI i actually have the filter back near the strut on the right der.

Otherwise it all routes like any normal turbo setup ..... manifold -> turbo -> exhaust (there arent many people in the industry that could fab this dump pipe) + to the filter sitting near the strut than from the intake side of the turbo to the FMIC ...... then from the FMIC into the T/B.

This is the reason why i ditched the stock sized battery and bought a deka dry cell ..... u need all the real estate u can scramble for.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
could u have run a blitz optional intercooler kit ? or is that kit too thin?

i am speculating but i am guessing that it wouldnt have been able to do the job ...... under the blitz kit the charger wont be pushing the same amount of air that im trying to push through ...... hey i could be wrong but 8psi is no where near as close to 22psi ;) .... So yeah looking at the pics below .... just looks way to thin and the piping sizes i dont think would be right

blitz.jpg

the new cooler is in

new_cooler2.jpg

back to stealth mode ..... damn that blue hose ..... need black silicon for that hose .... lol ....

new_cooler.jpg

now added to the garage ..... lol .... more parts and junk ..... now to see if they fit without any width/height issues

drag_radials2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

That is very nice power bill, but lets let the 1/4 mile run do the talking :P :P :P.

Car is damn sweet now, I cant wait to see what it is capable of now. You must be sick of eating noodles by now hahaha

Edited by JAZE55

That is very nice power bill, but lets let the 1/4 mile run do the talking :P :P :P.

Car is damn sweet now, I cant wait to see what it is capable of now. You must be sick of eating noodles by now hahaha

LOL ..... yep should be good once its all sorted to be tracked.

So how was your 2 hours or so of trophy glory?

LOL .... i knew it wasnt gonna be enough to hold off dan ..... as only beating his record by 5-6kw really wasnt going to be enough as all he would need to do is up the boost by 1 or 2 psi

well done bill! gotta be happy with that compared to what you were expecting.

NICE

yeah pushed a few more killerwasps than wat i was actually expecting ......

congrats on the setup dude i know how tuff it can be to get things going right. Thats a great power figure iam sure you can make alot more out of it.

Short clip on the dyno - 1 min

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

Full clip on the dyno - 4 min

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well fellas as u will see in the pic below i think i found the limitations of the exedy HD clutch ...... guessing by the cracks appearing on the left this simply progressed over time and probably started from the first drag day i went to with the turbo on then the last drag day where i got 6 clean runs on current power ..... lol ...... hence the snapping of the one on the right ...... anyway the extra heavy duty stuff from the US is now going in as i had it prepped a few months back waiting for the exedy to exit and now it has so let see how that goes

14042008170.jpg