Hiro's AE102

Hiro

Would have bought your coilovers too if I had the money when you first put them up for sale :P

Muahaha!! :P

I'll swap you a Levin strut brace, KYB shocks and Lovell low springs for them :P

Do you feel any difference while driving?

Not yet, haven't taken it for a hard drive but not really expecting any noticeable improvement over the Levin brace, this was more for bling :D

hmm so ive got you and hiro's strut brace up for grabs. this is interesting! lol

Just take whichever one comes out cheapest....I'm in no rush to sell mine

• 3 weeks later...

P1150378.jpg

A little bit of bling - metal grill logo, 1 large stick-on logo (for the boot lid), and 2 small stick-on logos (for the front quarters underneath my repeaters and 1.8L badges)

Oh, and a shiny thing-y just arrived in the mail :D

P1150379.jpg

P1150380.jpg

sorry this may be a very stupid question. i was looking into that cusco catch can but the genuine one have "made in japan" under the cusco etching? this would be the fake chinese brand??? :P

Going by this:

http://www.cuscousai...plague-the.html

My Cusco logo is right-way up, it looks polished not chromed, the blue rings on the sight-glass are name-branded (although looks like a Chinese name), the hose is white-Teflon braided (well, it's definitely white) not metal. Don't have all the brackets so can't confirm what colours the L-brackets were though, and a couple of websites have said that the "Made In Japan" etching is relatively new (if you look at the product photos on Nengun for instance, you can see that the Made In Japan logo isn't present).

Best bet is to ask fillit, he bought it second-hand off Yahoo! Japan about 6 months ago :P If I had to hazard a guess, it's a genuine one, just an old one

Going by this:

http://www.cuscousai...plague-the.html

My Cusco logo is right-way up, it looks polished not chromed, the blue rings on the sight-glass are name-branded (although looks like a Chinese name), the hose is white-Teflon braided (well, it's definitely white) not metal. Don't have all the brackets so can't confirm what colours the L-brackets were though, and a couple of websites have said that the "Made In Japan" etching is relatively new (if you look at the product photos on Nengun for instance, you can see that the Made In Japan logo isn't present).

Best bet is to ask fillit, he bought it second-hand off Yahoo! Japan about 6 months ago :P If I had to hazard a guess, it's a genuine one, just an old one

SO U ARE THE ONE WHO HE SOLD IT TOO??? ARGH! :angry::nono:

relax relax... it's a genuine cusco lol, probably just an older one. you can see the bracket is a genuine AE111 bracket.

you can tell by the quality of the actual catch can, imitation ones are pretty bleh.

And another little bit of JDM bling (that will mostly be hidden). Apparently these are getting harder to find now as they stopped making them, but I managed to get a brand new one from the UK relatively cheap

20121016_172954.jpg

The old Momo logo

20121016_173036.jpg

New one fitted

20121016_173506.jpg

Probably won't see much daylight as I normally keep the horn pad on so I don't attract undesired attention, but still a nice little rare thing to have.

• 1 month later...

My First HDR Image :P/> Got a tripod the other day (going on a cruise to NZ next week and I want to take some good deck shots of the sounds + harbours), decided to test it out in the uni carpark (I live a couple of blocks away)

end_result_resize.jpg

An OK effort I reckon, a little too soft/cold and the whites are a tiny bit washed out (didn't adjust picture position at all, plus the resize meant that resolution + some sharpness was lost) but not too bad, better that than the opposite of a heavily saturated, un-natural colour look, and it can only get better from here

• 1 month later...

New DSLR = new photos time...

DSC_0032-resize.jpg

Taken out the front of the new western grandstand at NISC/Marathon/EnergyAustralia/Ausgrid/Hunter Stadium

pic looks good and so does the TRD horn button... ive got one too on my nardi :D

have you thought about deleting the black strip on the side of the car and painting the window surrounds black? would finish it off really well!! :)

Yep, colour-coding the outside of the car (white rub-strip and door handles, black window frames) are planned to happen some time this year, will most likely get my folding mirrors painted and installed at the same time too.

Just need to organise funds and time to have the car off the road