COROLLA EYELIDS

HeFs

woopsie also cyber centry in footscray for the westside and in theres a store in springvale also eastside :)

MELBOURNE!!! ps. if u get it from here bargin the bastards ull get it way cheaper :)

Edited by KaZe-StiVo

woopsie also cyber centry in footscray for the westside and in theres a store in springvale also eastside :)

MELBOURNE!!! ps. if u get it from here bargin the bastards ull get it way cheaper :)

Go Cyber Century....True u can grab em for a bargain price, way better den Ig-X :)

I think Ignition x has closed shop. I drive past there every day after work, and looks like the shop is gone, unless they're renovating...

no hes moving shops i think he said hes moving to chatswood, or somewhere else. I purchased them for around 40 or something not $100

• 1 year later...

Rather than start a new thread...

So I purchased some eyelids off that dude on Ebay... now does anyone know if this plastic (ABS?) is able to be reformed, ie in a mcorwave or oven by heating it? where the tips wrap around onto the wing edges of the lights the fit is poor and the end of the tips are just under a CM off fitting. Im not so confident that double sided tape is gonna hold them all in for a snug fit.

Any other methods of fitmet availble or advisable!?

cheers dudes.

Kudos to Smithy for not starting a new thread.

You would be suprised how strong 3M Exterior Mounting Tape is... Apply, leave it in the sun... And it's never gonna come off.

Maybe post some pics so we can see how bad the fit is. I have fibreglass ones and the fit is pretty poor but I just bent it over the shape of the light and taped it in place and it's never moved.

Rather than start a new thread...

So I purchased some eyelids off that dude on Ebay... now does anyone know if this plastic (ABS?) is able to be reformed, ie in a mcorwave or oven by heating it? where the tips wrap around onto the wing edges of the lights the fit is poor and the end of the tips are just under a CM off fitting. Im not so confident that double sided tape is gonna hold them all in for a snug fit.

Any other methods of fitmet availble or advisable!?

cheers dudes.

I don't think its ABS plastic. It is plastic, but harder tho..

Cool, I'll take some pictures. Im concerned if I get them painted then attempt to mount them that these corners are continualll going to be popping off and poking out. <_<

Also regarding painting would anyone recommend painting them yourselves, ie. with hardware shop paints and primers etc !? Would this give an acceptable result?

I mounted the eyelids as they are in the first few with some double sided, took a few fro other angles you can see from the shadow the angle at which they taper away from the headlight itself.

Alos in one I used more tape to hold that corner down, Im fairly confident it will hold with the tape, though how long does it generally hold its grip , considering the qld sun etc.

Just need some help / ideas regarding the painting! post-5557-1207798515.jpg

post-5557-1207798580_thumb.jpg

post-5557-1207798589_thumb.jpg

post-5557-1207798595_thumb.jpg

A number of people have gone to town on the DIY painting... Apparently the Autobarn cans work a treat, the ones where they match your paint code. Then just ask the guy which primer and clear coat they recommend and Bob's your uncle. Weigh that cost up with having them professionally painted.

Yeah, my eyelids costs like $35 off Ebay so Im not to fussed if I mess it up, would like it to not look messy of tacky though!

My parents neighbour restores Corvettes, might see if he can help out at all. My extent into spraypainting with cans is so far limited to brakes calipers (several sets) and my gold PC lol.