Audio questions

E-Gene

Hey guys,

I've decided to go and get the Pioneer DEH-P8450MP head unit for my Stivo and have gotten a pretty good deal with a 2nd hand unit.

Anyway, anyone of you installed your own HU? Is it hard to do and what will I need to get from Toyota before I can install a single din HU? I plan to do it myself since I've been hit with the DIY bug and would like to learn how to do it anyway. Some instructions will be appreciated.

Next is, I plan to get a set of new splits for my Stivo to compliment my new HU and would love to hear some suggestions from your guys. I know that Orrock is pretty happy with his Alpine splits which he got at a really good price. Any other suggestions? Don't think that I want to spend more than $250 on a set of them.

Er...does our Stivo take speakers larger than 6"? Can we use 6.5?

Thanks dudes. :D

Guys, you may find a wiring harness from Supercheap Auto useful. I got the Aerpro Part# APP0141 (Says it's for '87-'96 Corolla). It plugs directly into the cars wiring harness. All you need to do is match up the colour of each wire colour from the radio's harness to the same colour on the adapter, and then just plug it in.

No chance for incorrect wiring, and no need to cut the cars wiring !!

As for the 'Butterflys' they fill the gaps at each side of a double-din unit. The Toyota Part Numbers are:

86221-52050 LH Side

86221-52060 RH Side

e-gene this saturday there is a spl competition in brunswick. do you want to go?

Sorry dude, what's "spl"? How was your meeting with Bladehunter, sorry I didnt call, I had to prepare a 21st photo slideshow for a friend.

Oh, I forgot to tell you guys that I went to meet this dude from another forum to buy the 8450 and he was really dodgy.

They came in an old Falcom that had custom interiors but was really trashed up. Wiring hanging everywhere, very dirty, etc.

Anyway, he said that the unit was in excellent condition, but it totally wasn't at all. The volume knob was scuffed and he didn't have any of the accessories at all, only 2 credit card remotes. And he claims that he bought it 2 months ago. Looks like he stole it actually...

Well, suffice to say that I didn't get it and am now still on the hunt.

If I were to get a double din HU, what will I need from Toyota to fit it in?

Egene I may be able to help you fitting the unit and advise you who can fit it cheaply, but does a good Job or even help you. But please do not buy a second hand unit with no warranty *** knows where it came from. blu03rolla supplied the part nos for the wings or 'Butterflys' (thanks mate) you need these before you can install the radio anyway or else will look awful. Radios well go to the Hi Fi Supermarket or I may have a contact who can get good priced Blaupunkt or JVC but legit.

e-gene, i got a 7450MP , if u trust me!! :D it used to live in my previous car.

PM if u are interested.

What's the difference between the 7450 and the 7550? Any improvements? How much do you want for it? PM me. Thanks.

Egene I may be able to help you fitting the unit and advise you who can fit it cheaply but does a good Job or even help you. But please do not buy a second hand unit with no warranty *** knows where it came from. blu03rolla supplied the part nos for the wings or 'Butterflys' (thanks mate) you need these before you can install the radio anyway or else will awful. Radios well go to the Hi Fi Supermarket or I may have a contact who can get good priced Blaupunkt or JVC but legit.

Peekay, thanks for the offer. May take you up on that offer if I do get a HU soon. Am even looking at a 9450 now with a set of Focal splits to compliment them. What do you think?

Mate I don't know the Unit, but if it is what you want go for it. I would suggest if it is not MP3 capable then get one that is. I have not changed the door speakers as personally I am happy enough with them. Though they don't have a lot of bass I found after I added the Blaupunkt Sub box it more than made up for it.

e-gene i have

alpine mavf450

5 channel amplifier

$700

alpine spr176a

type r splits

$300 a pair

alpine spr174a

type r coaxials

$260 a pair

alpine swr1221d

12" subwoofer dual 2 ohm

$330

prefabricated box

$55

alpine cda97807

head unit

$390

alpine cda9805

head unit

$320

pioneer 9450mp

head unit

$1,280 (rrp$1,800)

completely brand new (not refurbished goods) and only for melbourne buyers.