Hey guys for those who want extra few ponies

Grey-Rolla

so its a direct swop?

I guess timing would have to be reset. Or are they exactly the same size and the only diffrence is weight?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 1zz and 2zz crank is the same as my research has stated.

No the 1zz and 2zz cranks are not the same ..... the 1zz crank provides a larger stroke hence y people with a 2zz that want to get close to a 2L get a 1zz crank to increase stroke thus increase cc's ......

so its a direct swop?

I guess timing would have to be reset. Or are they exactly the same size and the only diffrence is weight?

According to their website, yes they are made to OEM standards, with a reduced weight.

Any ideas on a reasonable price for installation? I trust it is too technical for an amateur DIY...

Sorry i was refering to crank pulley that is the same size. I dont think you can DIY, coz you need to compressor gun to remove the bolt, should be around $50 bucks for installation.

Give me untill around Wednsday to finally price and list.

Cheers guys

so its a direct swop?

Yes its a direct swap and no the timing doesnt have to be reset you just plug and play :spiteful:

so its a direct swop?

Yes its a direct swap and no the timing doesnt have to be reset you just plug and play :spiteful:

thanks mate!

:D Hey guys, i got this back on track, now we have to work out how to pay this since postage will be all different, coz im sure you interstate guys would want this to.

There only payment type is either credit card or paypal.

5 to 9 is $140 US and 10 or more is $135 US

Installation cost should be around $50 bucks, i dont think you can DIY unless you got all the tools (eg compressor gun)

Cheers guy

Lets this rolling and achieve the few extra pony. :yahoo:

Hahaha all we need is 5 to get a discount come on boyz? no one wants abit of extra power???

So how are we going to do the payments since they only take paypal or credit card i think....

Give me some ideas guys :D

Come on guys 2 more, and its $140 US a pop which is still pretty cheap.....

Members in the Alutec Crank Pulley group buy:

1. Grey-rolla

2. theDef1ant1

3. H1Rolla

4. Dugong

5.Kimlim

6.Heat Seca

Edited by Grey-Rolla

Just wondering, does this unit come with a harmonic dampener? I know it's OEM not an underdrive, but still... there is no mention of it coming with the rubber bracket.

Please excuse me for being devil's advocate here, but I have some techincal questions - hopefully someone out there can answer them.

The crank pulley is one of six pulleys connected by the belt. How will replacing one of them make such a big difference? Surely it would make some sense to have all of them replaced with lighter material, or at the very least the crank and alternator pulleys.

Are the claims of this product realistic at 5-10% increase in power? Even 5% on a sportivo would equal an additional, what, 5kW ATW? And supposed better fuel economy, faster RPM, less wear and tear etc (yay!).

I was also reading through the workshop manual - replacing the part seems time consuming - is $50 a reasonable price for installation? Less, more...?

Also, why would a mild undercrank pulley not be the way to go (such as unorthodox's one). Lightweight, smaller (but would you need a smaller belt, so an additional cost)?

And the other clincher: the dreaded voiding of the engine warrantee if it all goes to the fan. Any thoughts?

Just some questions that have been running through my mind. Still interested though.

Please excuse me for being devil's advocate here, but I have some techincal questions - hopefully someone out there can answer them.

The crank pulley is one of six pulleys connected by the belt. How will replacing one of them make such a big difference? Surely it would make some sense to have all of them replaced with lighter material, or at the very least the crank and alternator pulleys.

Are the claims of this product realistic at 5-10% increase in power? Even 5% on a sportivo would equal an additional, what, 5kW ATW? And supposed better fuel economy, faster RPM, less wear and tear etc (yay!).

I was also reading through the workshop manual - replacing the part seems time consuming - is $50 a reasonable price for installation? Less, more...?

Also, why would a mild undercrank pulley not be the way to go (such as unorthodox's one). Lightweight, smaller (but would you need a smaller belt, so an additional cost)?

And the other clincher: the dreaded voiding of the engine warrantee if it all goes to the fan. Any thoughts?

Just some questions that have been running through my mind. Still interested though.

Okay there is no harmonic dampener that comes with the pulley it doesnt require one as their is no difference in weight size or diamater in the pulley it stays exactly the same as the old one so doesnt require the engine to be rebalanced and all of that annoying stuff.

Now in replacing all pulleys well im sure it would be great to create the stock diamater lightweight pulleys for the entire set but their doesnt seem to be that much of an increase when you change all of the pulleys where as if you only change the largest one the crank pulley you are gaining some free power there is the underdrive set that you can get but it is only available in the underdrive sets from Unorthodox Racing and they charge an arm and a leg for the set from memory so other than that you can get the alternator pulley from unorthodox racing and they also do another pulley im not sure which one maybe the oil pump i cant remember check their site if you really want to find out but the sportivo has one extra pulley you can get.

When it comes to 5-10% increase in power again it is hard to say where the figures stand in it all but there is a gain in power and a difference in the speed of revving.

The price for labour obdviously that all depends on your mechanic i mean i cant really say anything when it comes to exact prices to just install the pulley i would suggest to maybe do a service at the same time you might not feel the price as much because the mechanic may be able to make it cheaper for you if they are already going to be under the engine and moving things around for the service but of course its all up to you i guess you can get some quotes if you really want to.

Warrantee well that is hard to say it is still oem size and and all of that so there is no difference in the way the engine works and runs so there shouldnt be an issue with the warrantee in my opinion but ask someone who has a brain in toyota and not sum dumbass that doesnt even know that toyota make superchargers for corolla's lol some mechanics really have no idea lol

Dunno if this helps im not super technical but thats what ive learnt from my experience and having this crank pulley already installed in my car for over 6months now with no issues is proof enough to me that it works fine with our cars so yea :yahoo:

Take a look at the 9thgencorolla.com forum, and you will understand why the light weight is better then the underdrive, and also with the underdrive there is the issues with harmonic dampening unlike the Alutec one, since its a balanced one.

Also the belt would be hard to come by too unless your ok with sourcing the belt from the US.

I have also seen a copy of the dyno graph, on the 9thgen forum, the dyno was done on 1.6 vvti car cant remember which one, and there was a power gain, but i cant remember how much.

I know i can get it done for $50 bucks let me tell you that coz my mates are mechanics, this job wouldnt take long anyways, guy from sydney we can do a group install.

My friend also got hes done at a mechanic and they charge him $60 bucks for it, its a 30 min task.

Cheers

If we get 5 or more it will be $175 post to your door, 10 or more will be $170!!!!!! this is cheap for a good mod.

Why you interested Andrew??? Isnt the supercharger enough already? or are you power hungry like me? :spiteful: