GB: Sequential Shift Light

theDefiant1

Hello all,

I've been interested in sequential shift lights for some time, and along the way some others have shown interest. After looking around quite a bit, and with Shaohaok's help, I have one of the better deals on a product. The firm is located in Melbourne, and they are more than happy to support local car clubs.

The details:

We are looking at the Ecliptech Shift-i.

Regular retail price is $165 for the green/amber/red and $176 for the blue red. A group buy of 5 or more attracts a 10% discount; however, they are offering a price of $148.50 for either. Postage is $12, however, 4 units may be packed into 1 box to save postage costs. Keep in mind that we have the meet in Sydney coming up, and if we ask nicely, perhaps one of the few coming up from Melb can pick them up, and deliver to those attending the meet.

They are happy for us to pay as a group or individually, and they accept CC, EFT and money order.

Product Features:

Long story short (for those who want to know), shift lights flash at designated RPM values to let you know your final shift point. A sequential shift allows you to set an end point (shift point) AND a start point, so you can customise when all 7 lights come on.

So instead of one light, you get the benefit of having 7, spaced out RPM lights flashing on.

The Shift-i:

Automatically dims at night

Monitors battery voltage function

You can set shift points without revving the engine

It can plug directly into ECU pinout

Cruise mode dimming (if you set your initial point low and are constantly above it, the light will dim after a minute)

There are 4 designs to choose from; 2 have different light colours, and there are 2 different shapes (flat and rounded). You can see the different ones at http://www.ecliptech.com.au/main_win_sep06.html

Here are some photos:

gallery_3415_316_10470.jpg

gallery_3415_316_20137.jpg

gallery_3415_316_15979.jpg

Please PM if you're interested, or want more information.

Cheers!

Edited by theDefiant1

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are go for launch!

Here are the orders as they stand so far:

NAME / UNIT

1. Me (Undecided / Flat)

2. DHC09 (??)

3. OH84BY (??)

4. Blue_Stivo (??)

5. H1Rolla (Blue / Flat)

6. Daz (Blue / Flat)

If you want these before the Easter holiday, please shout so that we can put the order in early i nthe week so that we stand a chance, otherwise we can leave it open for more to hop on board and they will be delivered at another time.

Another thing to think about is postage (remeber that 4 units can be packed in one box, saving postage). Otherwise $12 isn't that much!

Thanks all!

there is no rush on this I think, may as well give it time to see if any more are interested, it's only been open for 4 days after all.

You have to give group buys time.

there is no rush on this I think, may as well give it time to see if any more are interested, it's only been open for 4 days after all.

You have to give group buys time.

awwww, but i'm just so excited! :yahoo:

I'm happy to wait for all those who want one to have the opportunity.

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

NAME / UNIT

1. Me (Blue / Flat)

2. DHC09 (Blue / Flat) Bris

3. OH84BY (??)

4. Blue_Stivo (??)

5. H1Rolla (Blue / Flat) Bris

6. Daz (Blue / Flat)

7. C-Rolla (Blue / Flat)

8. LiftToy2 (Blue / Flat)

Great response so far.

GTiRboy: dunno. I will speak to my contact and ask him how we can progress. Otherwise, it'll be open for say, another couple of weeks? I think by that stage everyone will want theirs...

Another couple of weeks?!

Can we have it ordered after Easter?

Im happy to wait if we can get further discounts (20% off or something) with more people, otherwise lets get this thing ordered yO.

"Another couple of weeks?!

Can we have it ordered after Easter?

Im happy to wait if we can get further discounts (20% off or something) with more people, otherwise lets get this thing ordered yO."

agreed.. :)

Edited by C-rolla

In the meantime I am just going to have to use the shove in the back as the indicator that I hit LIFT and the car that was beside me appearing in the rear vision mirror as my shift point indicator...

Hiya guys,

Sorry it's taken so long to get back - when I haven't been busy at work, I've been sick ;)

Bad news first - no joy on 20% of, unless we get an order of over 25 units. I don't think it's going to happen.

Good news: You can put your orders in now. The 10% group discount will be open for 2 weeks only (that is, orders will cease on Thursday 19 April.

Ordering Instructions:

Go to the website: http://www.ecliptech.com.au/main_win_sep06.html

Click on the ordering tab

Select Australia

Select the unit you would like (ignoring the cost)

Put in your delivery info, payment method and other info.

In the comments section, include (must do this to get discount):

1) Your forum name (eg theDefiant1)

2) "Toyota Owners Club Australia

3) If you are sharing postage, indicate with whom (use the same delivery address for both)

You will receive a payment request that is to be ignored at this point. Ecliptech will send you a revised payment request. The total order cost should be $160.50, including postage.

Any questions or clarifications, please ask.

***raises hand for Sydney postage***

probably better though not to be sent to me though, as people may want them quicker then I'll be able to deliver them to Sydney itself.