Insurance

john04

Hey

I just bought a new 1994 supra but insuring it is preventing me from keeping it for longer. I live in Queensland and have just turned 17 and i was wondering how much anyone else around my age was paying for insurance and with what company

Cheers, John

With ur age, u will be raped by any insurance no matter what car u drive. Why dont u just insure it on your parents name and have your self as a secondary driver. Tell em u be driving like 10% or something.

Russ

Have you tried an insurance broker they may be able to help. In NSW Shannons are significantly better at insurance prices than the others but then I have the benefit of being old (over 30)

Guest JDM y0 !

i feel for you.

people our age + japcar = expensive insurance.

first year i had my ae86 i was paying 1600 dollars.. lol one dollar per CC ....kakakaka ^_^

but yah it seems all the commonwhore boys get cheaper insurance and i mean our jap cars are made to handle better so there safer, so we should get cheaper insurance. but sadly its not the case. look at it seruoisly my ae86 or your supra with good tyres (i assume you buy good tyres lol) and suspensions is safer doing 80+ in an 80 speed zone than a commo is doing 60 in the 80zone.

With ur age, u will be raped by any insurance no matter what car u drive. Why dont u just insure it on your parents name and have your self as a secondary driver. Tell em u be driving like 10% or something.

yea, tats wat i m doin, coz i m 17 too when i insure my car. Save you a lot! but bcareful not to get any claims under yr name in future, coz then you will b added into the "usual driver" and premium go sky high again and even higher as u CLAIM for damages now.

I just had some arguements with AMMI, i can only say, they work for company, not us-insurer, they protect their company from liability, so dont worry bout 'how to profit' from them... ARGG :angry:

oh, another issue, please check with vicroad, the 'high powered vehicle' rule has changed, i think u cant drive any car with TURBO if u r under 21. But i m sure the law starts at 1 july.

So... please check b4 u buy, if not, u GOT a car, but u cant DRIVE the car, FUNNY@o@

Russ

i dont recommend lying to insurance companies, especially about the 10% driving part

I have heard from others about people being involved in accidents and insurance company employees snooping around their neighbours and asking questions like "how often do you see them driving the car...." and if they say "everyday" then theres a good chance the policy will be voided

Guest JDM y0 !

^^^

never knew that !!

my ae86 is insured in my name so i got nothing to worry about.

but wow, i never knew they that sneaky and ask like that O_O

• 3 weeks later...
Hey

I just bought a new 1994 supra but insuring it is preventing me from keeping it for longer. I live in Queensland and have just turned 17 and i was wondering how much anyone else around my age was paying for insurance and with what company

Cheers, John

Im assuming your driving a NA Supra? Very lucky in the first place to own one at such a young age! =]