Tow Bar

Aurion

Hello all.

I was wondeirng if any of you have a tow bar installed on your Aurion SX6 or ZR6.

The reason being there a bit lower and work differently to where the hole in the bumper goes.

We won't be towing on ours, but was just wondering if any does have one (genuine or not) if so anyone have a picture??

Or any info on them would be good.

Thanks.

Edited by Doug12

I have one on the Sx6, will charge the batterys on the camera and take a picture tommorow if you wish.

It's a genuine installed towbar. Toyota said that they would be better due the the LED tail lights needs some special circuitry. (Probably a con to get more money) but still happy.

Adrian

I have one on the Sx6, will charge the batterys on the camera and take a picture tommorow if you wish.

It's a genuine installed towbar. Toyota said that they would be better due the the LED tail lights needs some special circuitry. (Probably a con to get more money) but still happy.

Adrian

Thanks,

I saw a Red Sx6 the other day with a tow bar. But it was going past me as we were stopped at the lights at Chullora/Enfield in Sydney. It was going to fast to see it though :lol:

Thanks for that.

I was unsure if it would be high enough but it seems ok.

I need it to be high enough for enough ground clearence for carrying a bike rack around.

Looks like ill be getting one. :yahoo:

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
Just wondering how much this option costs?

I'm looking at getting an SX-6 in the next few weeks.

Cheers.

I'll post a picture of mine tomorrow..

Cost = One dealer I went to quoted $800 installed...

the dealer I got my car from did it for $700

So I'm sure you can get it lower than that.

Mine was dealer fitted and a lot less than that. If your buying it with a new car, don't settle for the list price option. Unless you get an unreal trade'in.

Edited by Adrian

Thanks for the replies.

Around $750 isn't too bad.

One more question, though, can the tow bar be removed easily or, once it is on, is it best to leave it in place? My old Falcon, you could slide the tongue out, pop it in the boot and not have to worry about banging into it in the dark or having someone knock it off.

Can this be done with the Aurion or is it a permanent fixture?

Edited by Davenic

Tongue is easily removed on all genuine towbars :) :) :) ...

Beauty.

Thanks RB.

Are you sure about that I was told for the Camry (looks exactly the same) No it can not be taken off. Frankly I think they look pig ugly especially compared to the brilliant design on my Rolla Sportivo. Although I have seen some new Camrys with a small hitch type tow bar which is very neat I am trying to find out who make it. Looks very much like a Haymen Reece.

Any body else seen these and know who makes them.

Edited by mtbrider

My towbar, as you can see form the pic above. would be a bit tricky to take off, but would be possible with ring spaners.

I did see a 3rd party tow bar on an Aurion the other day and it was one of those slip in types. It did look better.

post-3453-1203732625_thumb.jpg

Phoned Hayman Reece and they are the ones who do the removable hitch for the Camry Aurion. They still use a Toyota wiring harness though. Cost a little more than the Toyota one but worth it as that Toyota one is ugly ugly ugly especially that wiring harness point.

Will post up some photos when I ger it done.

Anyone that has a tow hitch (removable tongue) installed. Did you install it yourself or did you have the dealer/supplier install it ?

Reason: From the looks of it it's just a few bolts onto the cars rear structure which I think I could do myself. As for electrics & wiring I'd prefer to connect it with enought length and then just leave it coiled in the boot.

I got quoted $625 for a removable hitch type towbar 50mmx50mm from Parkside Towbars in WA and $840 for a Hayman Reese 40mmx40mm from Auto Extra. Both use the genuine Toyota wiring loom. Ended up going with one from Parkside

post-4386-1204847353_thumb.jpg

post-4386-1204847440_thumb.jpg

I got quoted $625 for a removable hitch type towbar 50mmx50mm from Parkside Towbars in WA and $840 for a Hayman Reese 40mmx40mm from Auto Extra. Both use the genuine Toyota wiring loom. Ended up going with one from Parkside

I got a quote for $570 for the lot including electrics + using a Hayman Reese removable hitch. Photos look good Lewie but the Sportivo rear bar is lower and the bar would look to be coming out in the middle of teh bar. Yours looks good cause it's kinda coming out from underneath or the bottom edge of the bar.

Anyone got photos of a Sportivo with a towbar ?

• 2 months later...
Mine is genuine and only sticks out 135mm on my ZR6. The pics arn't great but they give you the idea.

The stock ones look alright. The only issue is I'd prefer a removable one and there is no 'goose neck' on the removable one. If you trace a line back from the tow-ball on your stock bar it will penetrate vertically in the middle of the bumper, or through the black trim or even half through the black + coloured section of the bumper. IMO it would look crap but I've not seen any pics of a removable tow-bar on a Sportivo . . . yet