Shift Light Installed

Just had an adjustible shift light installed yesterday. Sorry the pictures are not the best but they were taken at night as I had to leave the car at Peekays house, while taking his to have the same done while he is in Sydney. So there was no chance of taking pictures in daylight.

I have set it for coming on at 7900rpm just giving me enough time to change before the limiter. It's a great mod. All up for the shift Light and installation was less than $200.00. The guys installing it even wired a plug onto the shift light and a plug onto the back of the instrument cluster so as it cab easily be taken off. (so much better than hard wiring it!)

shiftlight01.jpg

shiftlight02.jpg

shiftlight03.jpg

shiftlight04.jpg

shiftlight05.jpg

shiftlight06.jpg

Sure Zerolla what ever you like.... It was a choice we made ...I have hit the rev limiter to many times as I am concentrating on driving rather that looking at the Tacho. And the car gets to 8200 Rpm so quick at times it is easy to hit it before you know what has happening.

Nicely done, but i am just using the feel of the car and the limiter as my guide for shifting nowadays :P

Yeah I just cannot do that anymore :(

Before the mods you could feel the engine start to drop off after about 7500-7800rpm and could definately hear a change in sound as it would just start to labour a little.

Now though the little b@stard keeps pulling right up to the rev limiter with no percievable drop-off. If anything it starts to rev quicker over 7500rpm :D

as far as warranty goes, any splices/cuts made into the original factory electrical looms void the electrical warranty for the car.

If you want to DIY for the install, here's the pinout for the sportivo ECU and the relevant wires.

I personally like to use a separate power and ground to the ECU for my installs.

http://www.rollamods.com/holding/2zzge6mt.jpg

you've now inspired me to install mine

I've had a shift light for about 2 years now, just sits in my glove box

I dont have it on because it blinds me... absolute blinder!

got any tips on reducing the intensity of the light?

y are your worried about warranty.. how can a shift light effect warranty???? just put it on buddy...... make yourself happy.... if your car has a problem well they have to prove it was the shift light that caused it.... so what problems can a shift light cause....??? plus u have warranty also on the people who install it too.