TRD CAI [Group Buy]

XploShun

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys,

I might be interested in this group buy but I want to know if this is a simple and straight forward bolt on and hook up process? :unsure:

Im from Kingsgrove and would prefer to pair up if possible.

Cheers

Hi Guys,

I might be interested in this group buy but I want to know if this is a simple and straight forward bolt on and hook up process? :unsure:

Im from Kingsgrove and would prefer to pair up if possible.

Cheers

errrrrrmmmmmmmmmmm... although im the person who is organising this GB... but i dont know much about this intake....

you should do a search... coz i think... this forum has the MOST info on this TRD intake.. in the world.. :lol::lol:

but anyway, this is what Bit Racer said about the TRD intake..

There is one bracket that holds the cai to a bolt near the end of the fuse box that needs a little section cut off of it. In my opinion, that bracket doesn't need to be fitted because the other brackets pretty much keep the cai in place. I think someone here experienced some wires shorting out because this bracket has sharp edges and cut through the wiring in that area.

A few other things to watch out for based on previous people's experience is to not tighten the clamps up too tight otherwise the rubber elbow will split. Buy some single sided adhesive foam tape from Jaycar and stick it down on the end of the cai tube where it rubs against the chassis ie. just above the pod filter so it doesn't wear a hole into the cai tube. The TRD Pod filter is quite long, it just fits on a pre face lift by a bit of force and pushing it up all the way up the tube and will rest on the fog light. I don't know whether face lift's white box will get in the way.

All I can say is, given the price, you'll soon forget how much you spent on it because it'll put a smile on your face every time you hit lift. :D

and also from xoom, he said... you will have to modify the bracket if you're going to use it.. and its an easy modification.

no1 ever had a problem with installing the cai... so i guess, its pretty easy.

(But i still need help to get it installed guys... :D)

hope that helps..

1 part says yes... 1 part says no....

CAI or bigger monitor....

xploshun, how many ppl do you have in NSW?

if oncy is in..

7 of us..

havent got a reply from him yet.. mayb busy selling his stuff

monitor? man! ive sacrificed my samsung 226BW already.... have to wait for another month! :(

Edited by XploShun

How do we stand atm?

If we're sitting on an odd number for buyers in NSW ill probably go in.

xploshun, do you work in the city (just in case i need to pay you).

Cheekyage, you in? I live in Campsie, so Kingsgrove is nearby, however if oncy is in you might as well pair up with him.

(im still undecided on whether i want a CAI. LOL)

Edited by neK

ffs!!!!

i've asked for the price for a single intake... TWICE!!! but he just wont answer me... WTF!!!!!

anyway!!

neK, you sure about that? you're like getting this cai for the sake of us! :D

Edited by XploShun

i have put my hand up for one but need to pair up and there is no one else from melb yet. anyone from melb?

well...

not yet.. but my estimation on 1 intake will cost another 20 AUD max

coz.. b4 i asked him about the discount for the GB and all.. its was 37x-380 AUD each

so.. i guess he can sell us for around 35x AUD.

Why not just send kcorros CAI to Sydney as a pair, then ship it down to melbourne afterwards?

How much would shipping down to melbourne be anyway?

Xploshun, as for me, worse case scenario with the CAI is i buy it and dont install it. Let it gather dust for a while then resell it :P (So if you are in desperate need of a buyer to create a pair, give me a call - I PM'ed you with my mobile number anyway).

Edited by neK

Hi Guys,

I have searched high and low and looked at all related TRD CAI threads including the "read this before you post" thread but nothing seems to finish off the topic in providing full information for a clean and snug fit

for a facelifted stivo.

All the threads mention taking out the foglight and not being able to put it back on or getting a smaller pod.

I just dont want to buy it and then have to hack into my engine bay to make unneccessary cuts, grinds and mods just so the TRD CAI fits!

Why not just send kcorros CAI to Sydney as a pair, then ship it down to melbourne afterwards?

How much would shipping down to melbourne be anyway?

Xploshun, as for me, worse case scenario with the CAI is i buy it and dont install it. Let it gather dust for a while then resell it :P (So if you are in desperate need of a buyer to create a pair, give me a call - I PM'ed you with my mobile number anyway).

yeh i might have to do that... lets see how much this guy will charge me for a single 1st

Hi Guys,

I have searched high and low and looked at all related TRD CAI threads including the "read this before you post" thread but nothing seems to finish off the topic in providing full information for a clean and snug fit

for a facelifted stivo.

All the threads mention taking out the foglight and not being able to put it back on or getting a smaller pod.

I just dont want to buy it and then have to hack into my engine bay to make unneccessary cuts, grinds and mods just so the TRD CAI fits!

i think a few of the members here.. changed to a K&N filter.. and then the foggies can fit again.

Vhao.. have you paid yet???

hmmm Oncy cant pay me by this friday... so i guess, i'll wait for him

coz other than YDOIT4.. i think Oncy is the closest to me in this forum! hehehe

anyway...

stock, i will ordering yours and Vhao's once I have received Vhao's money.... sorry man! blame Vhao!! hahahahhaha

skriblez & trdyus, i will be ordering yours tonight or weekend. (YOU GUYS DECIDE, to which address, dont PM me)

and RO11AS, since ur the last one to join the gb... i'll wait a little longer and see if theres anyone joining you. IF theres no1 else, u pay for one (which might cost a little extra) or i can ask kcorro if he wants to pair up with u.... then i'll have to post it up to melb for him... (what neK said)

man wtf... this is getting confusing! :lol::lol:

cheeky age... are you in or not?

if neK is in.. then ur the one who will be paying the extra!

hey Vhao.. i got your PM.. did u use internet banking????????

coz i cant see the money in my gf's account...

sorry man.. my inbox was full b4.. :P

Edited by XploShun

i didnt use internet banking..i went to the branch and paid.

ok! then i'll check it tonight! sorry!

ok! then i'll check it tonight! sorry!

nps..just let me know later...ill get the reciept scanned if u wish..

btw... need to know to which address...

Vhao's or stock's??

how heavy this CAI and.. how big it is??

from AUSPOST... sydney to Melb.. if its around 8KG... it'll cost around 12 AUD.. but i dunno the dimension of the box...

Edited by XploShun

I dont mind shipping it to Melb at all.

Just letting you know i think it will be fairer to pair up the people who had paid first in order. So if your waiting upon payment for someone who is in the group buy, it should go in the order of your payment recieved. So if you recieve a payment late, the person who paid last has to deal with it. Anyways STOCK lives nearby but his already paired up. Anyone else near the hills district ?

oncy you paired up ?