TRD CAI [Group Buy]

XploShun

F**CK YEHHH !!!!

got the post office notice today ...... so yeh just need to find some time to pick it up !!!

im pretty sure its the intake cant think of ne thing else i bought !!

so yeh if i can do it b4 work tomorrow ill go get it but dpeends what time the PO open

cant wait to install and see if there is ne difference compared to my setup atm

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you're welcome guys :D

now you guys have to organise the pick up...

and oncy.. you can take your time man (hahaha bet you wont tho).. coz i cant pick it up until this weekend.. or early next week..

btw.. anyone installed it yet???????

anyone took Bit Racer's advice? reckon we should :)

There is one bracket that holds the cai to a bolt near the end of the fuse box that needs a little section cut off of it. In my opinion, that bracket doesn't need to be fitted because the other brackets pretty much keep the cai in place. I think someone here experienced some wires shorting out because this bracket has sharp edges and cut through the wiring in that area.

A few other things to watch out for based on previous people's experience is to not tighten the clamps up too tight otherwise the rubber elbow will split. Buy some single sided adhesive foam tape from Jaycar and stick it down on the end of the cai tube where it rubs against the chassis ie. just above the pod filter so it doesn't wear a hole into the cai tube. The TRD Pod filter is quite long, it just fits on a pre face lift by a bit of force and pushing it up all the way up the tube and will rest on the fog light. I don't know whether face lift's white box will get in the way.

im gonna buy a can of those electronic contact cleaner to clean the MAF sensor as well... always wanted to do it... but didnt know how.. :P.. you guys should try it since we're installing the CAI anyway...

old post about MAF sensor by Suprathai

i picked it up yesterday

looks good

ill be installing tonite after work !!!! and goin for a short cruise to see what its like

thanks for organising dude well done

man how the heck did u guys manage to fit the cais in ur cars...

todai .. me n a mate tried to do it .. n F*** me dead it was FREAKN harD ***** oMG ... when i tired to put it in .. my light seemed as tho it was in the way ... n i didnt know how to remove my headlight >< so i gave up ><

i was able to remove the snorkel part oout the car n everything .. i just couldnt fit the tubing in .. so frustrated >< i wish i was so literate in this area.. .

did eveyone's cai come with box and stuff?

is it PART NUMBER PT901-17802-01?

if it doesnt.. then.. you got the different one.

phoboi.. it should fit man... maybe try with the K&N filter?

ONCY!!!! installed yet?!?!?!

Edited by XploShun

mines got PTR05 - 12030 -01

wtf does that mean ?

buh yeh doesnt mata imma try make it fit .. like when i tried to fit the piping in under the fuse box... it was REALLY TITE .. n yeh hard to reposition .. buh yeh i gave up .. n im gonna take it to mechanic n worst comes to worst i will give authority to the mechs to alter it a bit n ***** to make it work n fit

Edited by phoboi

hey! i did a search

both :

PT901-17802-01

PTR05 - 12030-01

are for 03 Matrix XRS

so it should be right.

did you mean the filter is too big?... if its the case... i would rather try it with smaller K&N filter..

taking it to a mechanic... it'll cost more!

can anyone help phoboi?

Edited by XploShun

hey fellas

i installed today !!

fkn its loud as ay ..... nice top end gain but its not as punchy as my SRI !!

it has made the transition of cams alot smoother and LIFT just keeps pulling its nice but would be better if u could have the same responce as an SRi

phoboi install the TRD pod its a b*tch ive bent all the mesh and sh*t on the pod but it fit JUST...oh and i managed to do it on my own took about 40 mins

i can help others but i dont have much time on my hands >> ill be wokring all weekend

so yeh i dunno what use wanna do ... should all meet up and can help each other ...

cheers

jonno

in reagrds to bitracers post

yes that bracket DONT USE IT

i mean u dont need it becoz its quite secure with out it

and definately put something between the chassis and the pipe coz it sits on the metal and it will rub and wear .... ive only taped a bit of cardbaord to the CAI atm but ill be going to by some sort of rubber or silicon to stop rubbing metal on metal

Edited by oncy

atm my mechanic does it for me cheap... plus im not willing to buy something extra for this when i already spent 300 odd $$$ for it :P

thanks guys .. for the help n all alteration of the car will have to do

take it easy i envy those that got theres in... sorry for this im a noob at performance :P kaka

hey guys i just got the CAI in and man it roars lik a muda HAHAH

so if u floor it hard does it waste alot more petrol ? and if u keep it at low revs does it save petrol ? das wah i heard .. sorry if this is rong sction

thanks guys thanks michael !!!

anthony

Hmm, dylan tried to install it today and there was not enough clearance as it was hitting the front headlight (well it was putting pressure)

Any other facelift corolla conquest (hatch) got the TRD CAI installed? and if so how did u manage to make it fit. Suggestions please =]

Anyways thanks for trying =]

omg!!!!!

got mine installed today.. thx to Jon!!!

wooohoooo!!!!

its sooooo great!!! the car felt soooo different :yahoo: man! this tank full wont last for long!! :)

bad thing about it.. is u have to warm up the car! DAMN IT! sometimes i work at 5!!!

anyway! hope all u guys installed it ok

skriblez... how did it go??

if everyone is done.. mod.. u can close this thread! thx!!!

omg!!!!!

got mine installed today.. thx to Jon!!!

wooohoooo!!!!

its sooooo great!!! the car felt soooo different :yahoo: man! this tank full wont last for long!! :)

bad thing about it.. is u have to warm up the car! DAMN IT! sometimes i work at 5!!!

anyway! hope all u guys installed it ok

skriblez... how did it go??

if everyone is done.. mod.. u can close this thread! thx!!!

any probs with the install?

any pics?

hey just wondering if this is still open or buyers??

and im in sydney camden area...... can it get sent to me, i will pay for postage??

let me no ay

thanks

Aiden

p.s this is a noob question will this effect my fuel consumption like make it better or worse ?? i get 650 to 700km out of a normal full tank of fuel in my 03 stivo now....

Edited by magic

ive just got my TRD cai installed this morning by Bel Garage..ive got a facelift stivo and it was good...just a bit tight but its all good. The TRD pod filter can fit with no troubles..!

The intake sounds insane mann! love it!!! much more grunt and screams alot louder.

anyways yeah...it could be done on a face-lifted stivo without cutting or anything. =]

Edited by Vhao

ive just got my TRD cai installed this morning by Bel Garage..ive got a facelift stivo and it was good...just a bit tight but its all good. The TRD pod filter can fit with no troubles..!

The intake sounds insane mann! love it!!! much more grunt and screams alot louder.

anyways yeah...it could be done on a face-lifted stivo without cutting or anything. =]

bel garage are the shiit!

hey guys im from sydney and would probably be keen to grab one too.

the only query i have is: are they short ram or full length?? id prefer the full length cause im of the understanding they are better performance wise. comments on this would be appreciated

cheers!

hey just wondering if this is still open or buyers??

and im in sydney camden area...... can it get sent to me, i will pay for postage??

let me no ay

thanks

Aiden

p.s this is a noob question will this effect my fuel consumption like make it better or worse ?? i get 650 to 700km out of a normal full tank of fuel in my 03 stivo now....

fuel consumption? errrm.. dunno man.. 1st tank after cai... lol.. its gotta bad... but u wont regret it..

the gb has finished! every1 is happy, i guess :)

mish said shes got some PM about this GB..

if there are people still interested in this gb.. i can contact the seller again. and see if he can give us the same deal.

ANYWAY.. if u really really want it... organise yourself in pairs...

like the 1st GB... ours worked out really well :)

man! thought i was the last guy to get it installed...

i luv it.. best mod as every1 says... :toast:

Edited by XploShun