18x7.5 Rims

$ANGELO$

xTigRex had 18x7.5's his car was lowered about that much and had rubbing, the tyres eventually ate through the plastic splash guards. So although harder to find, 18x7 is a more suitable size.

18 x 7.5, dropped 50mm. Tyres 215/35/18. No scrubbing :)

I had 225's like Gazoom one time but they scrubbed :( Not much though.

I'm thinking 19's next :D

215/35 would be the go for me then. the rims dont come in 18x7 which sucks i spose. would be happy with little to no scrubbing.

thanks guys

215/35 would be the go for me then. the rims dont come in 18x7 which sucks i spose. would be happy with little to no scrubbing.

thanks guys

i asked about the 215/35 on 18x7.5 rims and was told that it would not meet the load rating so they recomended 225/40? if this is so i will just have to go for 17x7s

thanks guys

i asked about the 215/35 on 18x7.5 rims and was told that it would not meet the load rating so they recomended 225/40? if this is so i will just have to go for 17x7s

225/40/18 will put your speedo accuracy out by a lot. http://www.kouki.co.uk/Utilities/tyresizer.asp Try that to calculate it.

And yeah... load rating is a big hassle with choosing the right tyre size. Or should I say choosing the right tyre size is a hassle with the load rating required. What is the load rating for your Corolla? 215/35/18 highest load rating is 84.

thanks guys

225/40/18 will put your speedo accuracy out by a lot. http://www.kouki.co.uk/Utilities/tyresizer.asp Try that to calculate it.

And yeah... load rating is a big hassle with choosing the right tyre size. Or should I say choosing the right tyre size is a hassle with the load rating required. What is the load rating for your Corolla? 215/35/18 highest load rating is 84.

yeh theres the problem lol its 88v for mine. oh well i can either go the 225/40 for the 18s and see what happens or ill have to get 17s. thanks for all your help guys! cheers

I got 18's, 225's on a sportivo, scrubbed a little much unitll I had the rear guards rolled now it's fine unless I have a full load. King Springs.

Edited by BLKVVTIL

I got 18's, 225's on a sportivo, scrubbed a little much unitll I had the rear guards rolled now it's fine unless I have a full load. King Springs.

scrubbed at the back? how was the front, turning, thats wat im worried about

I had a 90mm drop with 18x7.5, they scrubbed on the front inner plastic guards on bumps and on the rear inner gaurds around corners. 18x7 (with the same tyres and same ride height) gets no scrubing at all.

I had a 90mm drop with 18x7.5, they scrubbed on the front inner plastic guards on bumps and on the rear inner gaurds around corners. 18x7 (with the same tyres and same ride height) gets no scrubing at all.

interesting hey, i just bought some 18x7.5 rims with 215/40 tyres will see how they go when i get them fitted. will post some pics up in next couple of weeks

• 2 weeks later...

18x7.5 with king springs. Never scrubbed - not even once. Even when I was moving and had the back loaded with heaps of crap. The rims were tucking but no rubbing. Offset and tyre size need to be your friend. Get it wrong and scrub time!

90mm? o.O

• 2 weeks later...

18x7.5 here running 225/35/18 on a 35-40mm drop.

I get rubbing in full lock but its only on the inner plastic guards, not the wheel arch of the actual quarter panel itself.

On a drop like that I think 215/35 is your best bet, but as previously stated you have to find a 215/35 that meets the equivalent or better load rating.

Falken, Toyo and Nankang seem to have a wide variety of sizes so maybe check in with suppliers of those brands. (Ie: Tempe/Ozzy).

(Please note that I DO NOT endorse the use of Nankang tyres. mick0082 will not be held responsible for any injury or damages caused by use/misuse of Nankang tyres or affiliated brands. By reading this comment you are agreeing to this disclaimer. Written by mick0082 for the mick0082 party, Canberra.)

Edited by mick0082

(Please note that I DO NOT endorse the use of Nankang tyres. mick0082 will not be held responsible for any injury or damages caused by use/misuse of Nankang tyres or affiliated brands. By reading this comment you are agreeing to this disclaimer. Written by mick0082 for the mick0082 party, Canberra.)

I blew a funneh fuse...

Wangkang ftl

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys I'm a noob whose just become a proud owner of an 03 Stivo :yahoo:

I'm also looking to put some 18x7.5 on mine too (cant find many in 7in wide that i like), +40 offset, running 215/40/18s for the moment

Have you got your wheels on yet $angelo$?

Mines not lowered yet nor are the guards rolled but I was wondering what sort of offsets you're all running???

Cheers, L.

hey guys I'm a noob whose just become a proud owner of an 03 Stivo :yahoo:

I'm also looking to put some 18x7.5 on mine too (cant find many in 7in wide that i like), +40 offset, running 215/40/18s for the moment

Have you got your wheels on yet $angelo$?

Mines not lowered yet nor are the guards rolled but I was wondering what sort of offsets you're all running???

Cheers, L.

i ended up getting 17x7 Gmax Energy, wanted 18s but didnt happen.

was told the 215/40 has a larger rolling diameter so will put your speedo out by a bit.

i rekon the 215 looks too skinny for a 7.5 rim anyways, 225 would be better but will rub a bit when you lower it.

i remember my first rim was 225/45 R17, regretted, same told by those salesperson who said tat rubbing and outset shxt, i recon they just lie to get their sales done. so, after 3 weeks, i trade in, dont care wat they bullshxt, bought 235/40 R18, then i got satisfied and hving them on is proud. but on corrolla, 17 should be fine, BUT MUST BE lowered. GOod luck

atm ive got stock 205/50 on the stivo rims... with 215/40/18s should bump the speedo up/out by about 3% so its manageable i reckon.. just gives me a reminder not to speeeeed :rolleyes:

the rims arrived mon night so i'll soon find out on saturday when i head over to try them on....

cheers. L.