Turbo 2ZZ from CES

Thanks dad.. haha and a sunny hello from London..

lets be honest hmmm i'm pretty sure i'd prefer a Golf R32 but the stivo is looking pretty spiffy

Kurt if you read this: dont kill yourself !!!!, you managed to crash the car about 30 times without any modifications on it...*** help us now

Mate the Golf R32 is a nice car and a complete package. Having driven one(and I like :toast: ) I will say that Kurt's car would eat one up easy as. The fact that it is still not at it's peak potential power wise will tell you that it is going to chop up a lot of "supposed fast cars" quite easy.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

to true... im over my boy racer phase... looking at a car to enjoy for what it is... sure i'll pop a few little goodies in... thing is cant get over the figures and noise they make.. absolutlely love the detail VW put in there car of all ranges.. sorry for topic change i hope this project goes through so we can say that brissy has the fastest haha... im sure others will follow... but its a good project.. enjoy the ride...

to true... im over my boy racer phase... looking at a car to enjoy for what it is... sure i'll pop a few little goodies in... thing is cant get over the figures and noise they make.. absolutlely love the detail VW put in there car of all ranges.. sorry for topic change i hope this project goes through so we can say that brissy has the fastest haha... im sure others will follow... but its a good project.. enjoy the ride...

I know bill is not done yet....

I was talking to CES yesterday and apparantly the tuners managed to get it to run on the dnyo with lift for a brief moment before the misfiring started. they have lift coming in earlier than a stock car(about 5700 from memory) and on the dyno it hit 6000rpm before the miss started and the dyno graph went straight up and hit 202kw before they shut it down!!

Man I cannot wait to see it with it's full tune completed!! Tuners have some new coil packs coming and possibly this week we may hear some more news.....

im sure others will follow...

Right back at u :P :P :P :P :P :P ....... im sure others will follow the New South Welshmen :P :P :P :P as is the case here :P :P :P :P

nice update SB looking the goods @ 6K rpms ..... as we discussed i think the 250 mark is in order maybe get to 260 ...... however as previously stated .... it can pull the numbers on the dyno but the key thing is how streetable is it ........ that is the question ........ and wats the go coil packs ? spark plugs ? man how much boost these guys trying to run ? seriously dont get y they are having all these issues .......

missfires are commonly caused by coil packs and spark plugs...

as Bill said, I would think the standard coil packs are fine, still newish cars, its only a problem when the rubber gets cracked and the spark starts to arc which is not likely to have happened here i say.

I bet if they mess with plug gaps/heat ranges it will fix the problem...some motors are simply very temperamental with their ignition in different conditions. My car misfired REAL bad once winter came and intake temps dropped, almost like the engine completely cut out at about 5k rpm. The spark plugs were not hot enough to compensate, so i went up 3 heat ranges 9-6, problem solved completely. Likewise concerning spark plug gap, higher boost often calls for a smaller gap and more aggressive spark.

haha so funny havent been here for ages and you guys still talking about the same crap ...its great keep it up :lol: on another note i win over all of you on my yamy r1 :spiteful:

well well some 2 wheel action ..... well bring it & c how u go :spiteful: :spiteful: :spiteful: :P :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol:

n.b. i in no way mentioned i would be driving my corolla but rather my r1 running a nice 50shot :P :P :P

4 wheels still beats 2 through the twisties ;)

and you can still walk away after an "off" :toast:

Yamaha R1.... Pffft I"m sure my mate with a turbo "busa" would love to chew you up and spit you out in 1st gear LOL

there's always someone bigger and better I say........

As for coilpacks/plugs dont ask me as I'm not the one tuning it. So stop shooting the messenger I'm just delivering what I've been told :unsure:

So stop shooting the messenger I'm just delivering what I've been told :unsure:

but y SB ...... its so much fun :P :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol:

So stop shooting the messenger I'm just delivering what I've been told :unsure:

but y SB ...... its so much fun :P :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cause I have a U.B. :spiteful:

What sort of injectors are they using SB? Sorry if it's already been said :unsure: couldn't find it

they are toyota ones I know that much but what sorry can't help there.....

• 1 month later...

any updates on this car guys ..... as it seems to have fizzled with no more updates ????? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

was back in may going to the tuners and its now almost 4 months on ......

Did ask CES about it the other day but they themselves haven't seen the car or heard any other info on it either......

Seems like it has gone MIA???

thats a damn shame ...... given the size of the turbo i was hoping we had our first dyno ultimo to do battle with the US turbo 2zz's .......... well let us know if u hear anything

ahhhh good stuff ....... finally the phantom car comes 2 life briefly ..... i highly doubt we will ever see a graph but i wouldn't mind seeing how the car reacted to such a big turbo for a little 1.8L ..... might convince me to step up to a GT30 or GT35 ;) ;)

ahhhh good stuff ....... finally the phantom car comes 2 life briefly ..... i highly doubt we will ever see a graph but i wouldn't mind seeing how the car reacted to such a big turbo for a little 1.8L ..... might convince me to step up to a GT30 or GT35 ;) ;)

OR BILL MAYBE I COULD SWAP RIDES WITH YOU. cmon i got an 05 model but im still willing to swap. i dont think any1 else will make an offer like this. so do we have a done deal??? :rolleyes: