debadging my car??

hey im going to take the 2 rear badges off..the "toyota and corolla"

now the car was mad in 03 and its 07 will the paint underneath be lighter and leave a shadow?? what’s a good product to fix this ?? anyone now how to get them off with out braking the plastic??

:help:

thank Aiden

if you are not rich and dont wanna waste ur dental floss then try fishing lines :P they work wonders too..

if you find there are bits of glue left on the paintwork, best bet is to use some REALLY CHEAP AND HARD eraser and start to rub them off.. they are better then turps and stuff like that

when i debadge my 1st badge, i use turp and some of the glue actually "ate" into the paintwork now leaving little marks :)

i believe it'll be alright~

mine's an 04 facelift, and only recently i got rid of the "s e c a" lettering on the rear of my levin =)

no marks no problems.

but then your's is a badge.. but i'm sure its the same~

*EDIT - oh yeah, i just scraped lightly with my fingernails when i was washing the car =P

Edited by spookz

i debadged mine the other day....took off the hatch the sportivo, corolla and toyota, moved the sportivo across to the left and am waiting on a trd badge off ebay to fit above the sportivo between the S and i of sportivo as they sit up a bit...will fit nicely...and also took off the two VVTLI sitkcers...sick of them....so all it will have is the 2 toyota eblems front and rear, the 3 sportivo badges and one trd badge fitting in nicely to the sportivo on left of hatch..............oh eucalyptus oil....takes glue off no prob....smells nice too

will look something like this...although car is dark blue

badgejpg.jpg

mine only had 2 badges on it - the front and back emblem because they could not be removed without knowing that something was there

but all of mine were taken off within a month or two of me buyng the car - which means it was within 3 months of it being built - so there was no paint issues

i like the look of a shaved ***** :D

"Fwoarrrrr! You naughty girl!" - Nelson

Quiet Nelson...

Yes the old de-badging thingy magingy. Micky_tee did mine and it came up looking trumps. Comment pls micky! rar!

for the love of G OD don't do it my way... flat head screwdrivers WILL leave scars in your paintjob lol :(

Dude, I'm sorry but Nelson and I BOTH agree that this is new signature quality.

Screwdrivers? Dude? lol

Quiet Nelson...

Yes the old de-badging thingy magingy. Micky_tee did mine and it came up looking trumps. Comment pls micky! rar!

newly waxed all over the body is even better ;)

Quiet Nelson...

beaver.gif

Quiet Nelson...

beaver.gif

*falls off chair and rolls around on the floor laughing*

I ****** my paint up debadging my car LOL I removed the badges but swelled the paint so it still says corolla on the back :whistling: covered the toyota bit up with a TRD badge :P

for the love of G OD don't do it my way... flat head screwdrivers WILL leave scars in your paintjob lol :(

Dude, I'm sorry but Nelson and I BOTH agree that this is new signature quality.

Screwdrivers? Dude? lol

hahahaha... yea it was a pretty ghetto job lol... n i just got my car like a day before n didn't know jack ***** lol... hehehe

wow... 2 of my quotes used in your sig... i'm impressed :D hehehe :toast: gooo Neeeeeeeeellllson :P