Drivers seat leather stretched

Hey all....before i go ne further the "stretching" of the leather wasnt there when i bought the car 6 months ago and i only weigh 77kg so not excess weight.

Im guessing i must just have a bony a$$ and the dude who had it before me.....prob pushin 90kg "dispersed" his weight over the whole seat.....where as there are two distinct dints in the leather seat...aint got ne pics at moment soz.....i know they would go away if i sprayed a little water and blow dryer to "shrink" the leather....this has to be done very carefully and is only a temporary fix and cant be done to often.....ne on else have this problem....passenger seat is fine....think i might mention to toyota at next service....i wuld like it replaced...not just shrunk which is what they would try (uncle is an upholster for worse case scenario where toyota blow me off)..

not a real problem just looks ***** ..... its the portion of the seat closest to the back as the front bolster part only has your thghs resting on it at all times.....

also noticed on back seat where the backs of your knees would be when sitting in a little nick in the leather....pretty much a slit joining two of the "perferated holes" in the leather together.....whats best to do to prevent any further tearing....spot of super glue...tiny dot....where it is you dont really see it....glad not smack bang on middle of seat

I have said this many a time...

SEXY TIME IS LEFT TO THE BEDROOM!

Remedy for seats:

http://www.c-one.co.jp/C-ONEPARTS/bucket_seat.html

- Nelson

ha yeah i wish....havent coaxed missus nto that yet....the c-one seat would be sweet...not really up fr that yet....really wondering if ne one else has this problem and whether its worth mentioning to toyota..guessing is covered under warranty for teh three years...its normal wear and tear...sitting in the seat...shouldnt stretch like that....once again maybe i just have a bony a$$

Rob here.

Hmmm...even having just the one bucket is acceptable I think. You're the one driving after all.

May as well fork out that to grab something ubertastic. If that's not your cup of tea though maybe a simple re-bolstering would fix it. Thing is how much would that cost? hmmm.

Rob here.

Hmmm...even having just the one bucket is acceptable I think. You're the one driving after all.

May as well fork out that to grab something ubertastic. If that's not your cup of tea though maybe a simple re-bolstering would fix it. Thing is how much would that cost? hmmm.

Meh.....not really that bad...will ask uncle what he thinks...he has a kluger with leather etc and is an automotive upholster.....if i sell it in three years i will just do the shrink then maybe....although i think gettin attached to this car...especially that it was the last sportivo made......till the next one i guess.......just really ant to add CAI....rear skirt.....and king lows....got no cash at moment but even then its bugger all cost for most of that....apinting skirt is the most i guess...althoguh i know someone its just the warranty part thats got me a bit hesitant......i just want some sweet induction noise....so jealous of the guys on here with it :(....but dont want to void warranty etc...

Mine is returning from the shop tomorrow afternoon with rear skirt, eyelids and grille come to think of it. By then I think the tail lights would have arrived so the appearence will be altered drastically o.O

I wasn't going to post up pics (Nelson at work being an ahole) but I'll show off the rear end for you. I think they look ubertastic.

$350 for paint and fitting

Plus these guys have actually figured out a way of keeping the skirt in one piece without cutting a massive hole in the skirt (muffler? wtf nelson?). They're thinning out the inside/back of it instead. Can always go back to them to cut it to fit anyway though if it's an issue. Was about to tell them to just cut it, but thought I'd do this for a bit of trial and error and see how it works for future peeps getting this mod.

Sorry for hijack.

nah thats sweet mate.....yeah post up some pics of it done....really like the rear skirt.....would have been great it they came factory with it (sportivo)...just another thing they would rather you pay for afterwards :)...

Quick update....have got two dodgy pics of seat (dark underground carpark at work and camera phone <_<

seat22.jpg

seat11.jpg

and just wrote this email to Cannon Toyota in Camberwell....same place as where i got real good service and price etc...covered in forum already...also led on i know ***** all about the warranty and CAI etc.....so will see what he says about that....best case he says "yeah all sweet covered if we install ....here it is in writing" :spiteful: , dont like my chances though (fingers crossed)

cheers

email below

Hi Vince,

How are you, you may remember me, Simon I got my sportivo serviced a few weeks ago and am a member of the Toyota Owners Club Australia (TOCAU). Once again I would like to thank you for the exceptional servicing of my car including the clutch adjustment, both price and service were brilliant. I was just wondering, my front drivers seat leather is “stretched” now im guessing I must have a bony bum as where both “bum” bones make contact with the seat it is stretched and once you get out of car it remains stretched, this has only occurred since I have owned the vehicle (dec 06) I know previous owner was prob pushing 95 kg and dispersed his weight more evenly over the seat where as my 77kg is dispersed on two distinct spots. My uncle is a automotive upholster and I know it can be temporarily fixed with a little water and a hair drier to “shrink” the leather (can only be done afew times and is not a proper fix, I would not like this done as can “burn” the leather)…., the seat should not stretch like this…a member of TOCAU had the same problem with Toyota re upholstering that section of the seat. I know it sounds a little meticulous and un important but it just looks ugly and I like my car to be spot on what would the process be to get this rectified.

On a separate note my car warranty expires in Dec 08 and I would really like to get a Toyota Racing Development (TRD) cold air intake (CAI) for the vehicle, I was just wondering how this goes with warranty, if I were to get a TRD CAI and have it installed by you guys at cannon Toyota would it then be deemed covered under warranty, if you could provide me with info on this it would be great

Cheers Vince,

Regards

Dear Simon

The TRD intake is uber. Get it.

Unfortunatley we are unable to attend to your seat. You see, sexy time is just meant for bedroom ok? It is good to have sexy time, but in the bedroom.

In honesty,

Vince

Nah j/k. Good write up to him. See how it goes mate.

Dear Simon

The TRD intake is uber. Get it.

Unfortunatley we are unable to attend to your seat. You see, sexy time is just meant for bedroom ok? It is good to have sexy time, but in the bedroom.

In honesty,

Vince

Nah j/k. Good write up to him. See how it goes mate.

hahah....**** man your a funny dude...after researching these forums for months and just scanning them when bored at work i laugh at nearly every reply you have posted on teh forums.....keep it up....great work

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all, just a quick message....just got a phonecall from cannon toyota camberwell (vince, service manager), chatted to him about my drivers seat where leather is stretched under a$$ (search forum for topic) and he mentioned toyota said is fine to get an upholster to see what they can do/repair and toyota will pay for the costs, my uncle is a car upholster and he has already mentioned maybe not too worry, although he said he could do something if i like, and prob will now he can get payed for it by toyota . On the CAI note, whilst also on the phone i had a chat to vince about it and he said he asked the area manager who stated that he cannot see a problem, and vince mentioned that he cant see how the CAI will damage your engine in any way and i stated my concern (voiding engine...if problem ocurs they will blame CAI) he said that they would have to prove that the CAI was the problem and that he believes not to worry about it at all as the risks of it damaging engine are minimal and if an engine problem did ocur it would have to be proven that the CAI did this....

cheers

give them a go mate ....they said they would pay ne costs.....maybe its that far gone i need a racing seat ??? :spiteful: lol im sure toyota wont mind forkin out

:)

I think i know why your seat is doing that. Its not because of your weight, height or anything else physical. Its got to do with the way you get our of your car. If you twist you rear out and then step out you will get this twist mark on you seat. If you step out of your car then you wont get these marks.....

Well I havent had problem with the centre of the seat, but from experiance when they replace the leather, they generally make it worse or wrecked it. I reckon your better to stick with what you have. I had my leather completley customised with a much better material by Toyota after the third seat trim replacement . I havent had a problem since the new leather is much better and stronger and is pretty much perfect.