no my stivos going in the SHOP!!!!!

ok my stivo is going in the shop on wednesday ='[ not happy seeing as the cruise is this weekend (should be fixed hopefully)

my problem is when i change gears from 1st to Reverse (from stop obviously) it makes a grinding gear sound...so not cool

the toyota guy said it should be done on the day if the parts he thinks it is comes in.

has anyone else had this problem ??

my cars not going to be that clean for the cruise !!! aarr last minute shine is all i will have time for NNNNOOOO. lol

ok my stivo is going in the shop on wednesday ='[ not happy seeing as the cruise is this weekend (should be fixed hopefully)

my problem is when i change gears from 1st to Reverse (from stop obviously) it makes a grinding gear sound...so not cool

the toyota guy said it should be done on the day if the parts he thinks it is comes in.

has anyone else had this problem ??

my cars not going to be that clean for the cruise !!! aarr last minute shine is all i will have time for NNNNOOOO. lol

Grinding noise? To my knowledge it always makes that grinding noise if you go to shift into it too fast. I usually let the flywheel die down and then slot it in.

It does it all the time though does it? Shyte...

If you are getting the grinding noise or it wont slot in, let the car roll few cms or take off the handbrake. works for me everytime.

yer i understand a little grinding noise but this is way to much even the guy said "thats way to much" and we checked the clutch for air(shouldn't be any) but there wasn't so i have to take it in. he said it might need a new pressure plate....and or clutch

If you are getting the grinding noise or it wont slot in, let the car roll few cms or take off the handbrake. works for me everytime.

thats what i have had to do and then it works fine, but lately its been happening even when i do that so i was like stuff this, there has to be something wrong.

Edited by magic

yer i understand a little grinding noise but this is way to much even the guy said "thats way to much" and we checked the clutch for air(shouldn't be any) but there wasn't so i have to take it in. he said it might need a new pressure plate....and or clutch

Yeah that says it all then.

Fingers crossed for you that it'll be ready.

your first and reverse gear select sleve is probally fkt.

I had grinding problems too, but it only happened sometimes, most of the time i just changed slowly, but apprantly this is a common problem so i wouldnt be to worried about it. but when my gb was opened my first and reverse select sleve was demolished. along with my 2nd gear and 2nd gear syncro lol.

has he given u a quote yet? caus toyota wanted aprox 2g for labor alone and parts extra LOL!

Heres the new select sleve compared to the old one, left is new one and old as u can see the dog teeeth are all chipped LOL

50607464by3.jpg

here's a closeup

92715555ef7.jpg

even in this condition it didnt grind as much as u say yours does, or maybe the dealer ****tin ya :P caus it took them half and hour to figure our which select sleve i was holding, even with the mech that specializes in gearboxes lol. one dude even said the celica gearbox is unbreakable because it has these "things called syncromesh" excatly what he said to me hahaha! which prevents it from grinding and it can only break if i push it too hard but no grinding, man was i laughing, so i ordered my stuff and left.

Edited by vyets

mine grinds pretty loud too if i change straight away, i let it stop for about 2 seconds then i change. same as badboyz

Exactly the same for me ...

every time it 'grinds' i worry im severely farking up the gear box :( ...

hey guys, new 2 the forum.

I was panicing 2 when i heard grinding noises, even at stand still, when i put in reverse, hard 2 get in.

But hearing that its common, makes me feel a tad betta

has he given u a quote yet?

no i dont need one....its a warranty job so i hope he fixes the problem lol

and its going on thurday now ...hope its good for the weekend

Edited by magic

when the pulled my box appart, they rang me and said 6 week wait for parts from japan....

omg i hope that doesn't happen ..... i will cry !!! and i need to get to work aarr !!!