Enfore reading forum Rules

Brad!

All,

I have a suggestion, not sure if it can be implemented but here goes.

I think that there should be another forum located at the top which is called Forum Rules. (still keep sticky's).

When new people join, they must post in this topic before they get posting rites. Think of it as an introduction board.

Hopefully this will decrease the number of people signing up just to sell stuff.

Yes the rules are at the top and it says read first, but if they have to post in the rules topic before they can post, they are actually forced to read it.

Sorry, typing quickly, hope that makes sense

i no what you mean...

i used to run a few websites with IPB and getting people to follow rules is hard what i did was:

in the admin cp (not sure about this verion but the older onces) what u need to do is have a minimum post cost to enter so if u set it as 1 and have every forum as 1 post to enter and leave the intro or rules forum as 0 so the new people can read that and say hi or say yes i understand the rules let me see the other forums lol

or

limit it by user groups like admin, mod , advanced member etc... u can do it both ways and its not hard at all. shouldnt take longer than 10mins if u no what your doing. (whoever reads this and can see the admin cp... if u think its a good idea ..(i do) and u need help just pm me im more than happy to help u out).

but i think its a good idea....maybe set the buy and sell so that the new poeple can read and post replys but not post topics there not being able to sell :D IPB is very easy to set up to do all of this.

The other easy solution would be to make it a minimum of 30 posts before you can post it Buy and Sell.

Yer means new people cant buy stuff, but all the more reason to get involved and be active

2) If you are a new member you must have atleast 30 posts to your name which are of value to the community as well as being a member for more then 2 months.

There already is a minimum applied to members trying to sell items. What is it exactly you are wanting changed/updated?

+ Dont we already have mods and non-mods (esp Brad) checking the buy/sell section all the time? Why make things so complicated? this forum is supposed to be a friendly and inviting place

I'd much prefer some noob to come on here and give us a good deal on good items than someone making 30 useless posts.

Serious sellers with serious parts (a TRD s/c perhaps) wont bother d!cking around with the rules and will just sell it elsewhere = we (tocau) misses out.

BTW has any members here been seriously riped off from new members?

B rad: dont be so insecure, its the internet: buy and sell at your own risk.

BTW has any members here been seriously riped off from new members?

I had a member try to rip me off big time

Not a new one... an existing one with a substantial post count.

I say dont trust anyone, but buy with care.

Caveat Emptor