Rear skirt problem !! SOS !!

Hey all

If u didn’t no I finally got a rear skirt :D thanks RoLLing BLK

Now the problem is im getting it sprayed 2day its already there being done as I type, I realised when I put it on u wont be able to see my exhaust now I was going to cut it to fit the standard stivo exhaust but its too far back …. But then it got me thinking im saving atm for a whole new exhaust system probably a CES one now it took me ages to get his rear skirt I don’t want to cut it and then buy the ces system and the hole is too big or just make it look shady if I put in a twin pipe muffler on. Im sure u no what I mean.

Now what im thinking and this is where u come in …. :D

Is there a way to remove the the chrome tip on the stivoes muffler ?? and then just get from super cheap and not sure what to called it but I will call it a dump pipe (so the muffler tip points down to the ground on and angle therefor not blowing exhaust fumes on the rear skirt as much….)

Now would the work ?? Think of a better way ??

I just don’t want to waste money cutting the skirt/painting when I can leave it be for a while until I get a new system then I will cut it.

:help:

Help would be nice,

Any suggestion are welcome,

Thanks Aiden

Edited by magic

Hey all

If u didn’t no I finally got a rear skirt :D thanks blk_rolla

Now the problem is im getting it sprayed 2day its already there being done as I type, I realised when I put it on u wont be able to see my exhaust now I was going to cut it to fit the standard stivo exhaust but its too far back …. But then it got me thinking im saving atm for a whole new exhaust system probably a CES one now it took me ages to get his rear skirt I don’t want to cut it and then buy the ces system and the hole is too big or just make it look shady if I put in a twin pipe muffler on. Im sure u no what I mean.

Now what im thinking and this is where u come in …. :D

Is there a way to remove the the chrome tip on the stivoes muffler ?? and then just get from super cheap and not sure what to called it but I will call it a dump pipe (so the muffler tip points down to the ground on and angle therefor not blowing exhaust fumes on the rear skirt as much….)

Now would the work ?? Think of a better way ??

I just don’t want to waste money cutting the skirt/painting when I can leave it be for a while until I get a new system then I will cut it.

:help:

Help would be nice,

Any suggestion are welcome,

Thanks Aiden

( thanks RoLLing BLK ) LOL

Stop in at an exhaust place they will let you know for sure, i cant see why you couldn't change the tip. As you said, you don't want to cut a hole in it until you get the CES

( thanks RoLLing BLK ) LOL

Stop in at an exhaust place they will let you know for sure, i cant see why you couldn't change the tip. As you said, you don't want to cut a hole in it until you get the CES

i thought it was wrong my bad sorry will fix it :D

might have to do that.

sorry to hear about your rear 'shirt' problem.. maybe take it off? hahah LOL

nah seriously... go to any exhaust shop, and they can either put a new tip on that faces down, or they may even be able to bend the standard one so it faces down...

some other members on here and had a bent tip... i think Goodboyz from memory but Johnny may have to confirm that.

nah seriously... go to any exhaust shop, and they can either put a new tip on that faces down, or they may even be able to bend the standard one so it faces down...

some other members on here and had a bent tip... i think Goodboyz from memory but Johnny may have to confirm that.

yer sorry was typing fast at work the h is near the k .... and cause im not suppose to be using the internet for personal use and my section boss sits very close.

but besides that .... im going to a place 2morrow after work to figure out the situation =]

but i have another question if the rear skirt is all ready painted can i still cut the hole in it without stuffing the paint job or will i have to re paint it again ?? anyone no from experience ??

help is much appreciated

yer sorry was typing fast at work the h is near the k .... and cause im not suppose to be using the internet for personal use and my section boss sits very close.

but besides that .... im going to a place 2morrow after work to figure out the situation =]

but i have another question if the rear skirt is all ready painted can i still cut the hole in it without stuffing the paint job or will i have to re paint it again ?? anyone no from experience ??

help is much appreciated

nah should b fine if ur beater is good with his hands.

another way is extend ur exhaust tip.. cut the hole.. the ces system sits just under the hole like on my car.. i had my stock stivo extended on my skirt till i upgraded to ces.. now the gap is just a tiny bit .. but not fussed about it.

or u can put a dump pipe on for the time beind.. totally up to u ..

ill extend the tip n cut it ... u wont get ur ces till a few weeks..

beware if u drive long the skirt will melt from the heat.

<_<

I recently had a skirt installed.

1) Yes it will melt within days, even hours of you driving it.

2) I had a hole cut irregardless of how the muffler sits (it also sits back like yours) and even to this day it is fine. No melting, not even a hint of heat on the skirt. The hole in itself is not that big on mine (the guys at J Racing did an awesome job, they have good attention to detail), so in saying that, you may be able to cut a bigger hole or leave it as is if you go for the CES.

3) I would be cutting a hole asap or getting the dumpy tip put on. The exhaust gases will build up behind the skirt and cause condensation, which in turn will ruin the double sided taping on the right hand side (the skirt will come off at the rear bar molding).

Tape and cut method. The area to be cut is first taped over, then the cut is made. Pull the tap off and all the rough parts and edges go with it to leave a smooth finish. Then they clean it a bit.

ok what i did 2day...

got a new muffler and a tip total cost 150 fitted which i thought was good seeing as i walked in on a saturday and was finshed in 30 mins...i walked up the road got a feed and walked back it was done !! lol

ok so i got a sports muffler and a dump pipe tip, the rear skirt is going on soon the guy didnt paint it the other day cause i still needed to give him my dash piece and wanted to do it all at the same time. so it should be fitting ether some time this week or Saturday im thinking Saturday. the way its mounted is the same as the standard muffler just with a dump pipe tip so the heat and fume shouldnt be a worry.(i hope)

all i can say is the new muffler is SO LOUD !!! sure it sounds great and makes me smile but my ears !!! lol i will get a video of it 2orrow to show u all.

thanks bADbOYz for your detailed reply and everyone else that bother to reply

Aiden

ok what i did 2day...

got a new muffler and a tip total cost 150 fitted which i thought was good seeing as i walked in on a saturday and was finshed in 30 mins...i walked up the road got a feed and walked back it was done !! lol

ok so i got a sports muffler and a dump pipe tip, the rear skirt is going on soon the guy didnt paint it the other day cause i still needed to give him my dash piece and wanted to do it all at the same time. so it should be fitting ether some time this week or Saturday im thinking Saturday. the way its mounted is the same as the standard muffler just with a dump pipe tip so the heat and fume shouldnt be a worry.(i hope)

all i can say is the new muffler is SO LOUD !!! sure it sounds great and makes me smile but my ears !!! lol i will get a video of it 2orrow to show u all.

thanks bADbOYz for your detailed reply and everyone else that bother to reply

Aiden

tips make u lose power.

beware!