CAR RESPRAY

anthoboi

hey guys

just wondering like how much roughly does a spray cost ? right now .. im so getting annoyed with my car colour .. im not sure if n e 1 has seen it but like .. my car b 4 i got it .. wasnt looked after interms of paint and like .. the color has faded and even doing a bonnet wax it sucks ..

if you notice.. side skirts , rear skirts and the front skirt THEY are all new super white .. 040 .... comparing to my car which SPOSE to be 040 ... its like faded that its getting to be very annoying

u think that gettiing the car resprayed will fix all this crap up ? xD

thanks

post-2538-1183371387_thumb.jpg

Repaint the skirts the correct colour and refit them...

Who painted them in the first place??? Take it back and tell them you're not happy with the job and would like them to be repainted to match the car body colour...

Repaint the skirts the correct colour and refit them...

Who painted them in the first place??? Take it back and tell them you're not happy with the job and would like them to be repainted to match the car body colour...

they are the same paint code thats his problem the car paint hasnt been looked after by the first owners. but it could also have been the sprayed mixed it incorrectly ?? a few different things could have gone wrong.

but if he resprays it not going to be cheap, but looks like he doesn't have much choice

if u just spray it like the same color it would cost around $1000... for a color change then it's more like $3000... again it depends if u know the guy or not and it depends on the quality of the job...

so roughly like 1k huh .. hmmm das alright i guess

u dont know how much it annoys me to see my car colour bring different to my kit .. so annoying arggghhh !! nah what happen was that my car is like an ex car rental car and yeh since then my car paint has neva been looked after hence its been on the road for a long time thats why my paint has faded... do u think err toyota warrnty would cover it LOL hahahahha

i was reading in the warranty book .. n it only states err paint defect .. now i really much doubt faded paint is a defect lol ..

before the corolla i had a 1992 commodore wagon with complete body kit and very bad paint it cost me $5500 for a complete spray in a different colour the job was great and completely changed the look of the car.

before the corolla i had a 1992 commodore wagon with complete body kit and very bad paint it cost me $5500 for a complete spray in a different colour the job was great and completely changed the look of the car.

yea $3000 is prob the CHEAPEST you'll ever find (that's worth doing) anything cheaper is not worth it u get wat u pay for... but the average price is $4000-$5000... but then again they can skyrocket to 5digits depending on the quality...

Get some Cut and Wax Polish and give that a go.

Use some rubbing compund first, i think youll be suprised with the outcome.

Your car is a 05 built, i cant understand why paint would screw up so fast.

if u are going for a new colour it shouldn't be too much more than a full respay cause your car is white, if u had a black car and wanted it white then u would be looking around 5 to 6. but i would say myself, i wouldnt pay more then 3 to 4 for a full repray. it could cost more but is it worth it ? sell the car.....and with the 4 g's your saving for the spray add to the car and then u get a nice newer looking car. thats what i think :D.

• 5 weeks later...

White is the hardest to match ... because it changes slightly my VQ statesman white could not be matched perfect

unless you painted whole car again ...

I am just in the process of setting up a spray booth i want to start painting cars ... gotta practice on a xf falcon first hehe

Cheap re-spray will only last a few years

Edited by DrivInGScHool

add ons look like they are a different colour.

Go and get the entire car detailed by a professional, i mean a serious cut and polish with an orbital buffer, find out what colour the car is supposed to be and then get them to match the paint (dont give them a colour code) and re paint the add-ons

just cos the colour code is the same, doesnt mean the paint is the same.

this shouldnt cost u too much, and trust me, it'll be a much better result than any 1-2k paint job u can get. when it comes to things like that, u really do pay for what u get

Hehe my friend just got his series 8 rx7 full resprayed candy apple red oh damnz so hot for only $2500, at a panel beater in morebank....

cheers

yea even i can get a kandy paintjob for $1000 BUT that doesn't include under the bonnet or the sides of the doors or the boot or anything... so $1000 would basically get you the outside of the car

Hehe my friend just got his series 8 rx7 full resprayed candy apple red oh damnz so hot for only $2500, at a panel beater in morebank....

cheers

yea even i can get a kandy paintjob for $1000 BUT that doesn't include under the bonnet or the sides of the doors or the boot or anything... so $1000 would basically get you the outside of the car

and thats a load of crap... i hate people who do stuff like that.

If your gonna do something, just dont be a poor c8nt and do it properly.