illuminated RED / BLUE door sills

MarkMish

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

had trouble with installing mine today. but with some help over the phone from mark, quickly got things sorted out and all working. thanks for the help mark

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

no worries

Great job organising all these gourp buys. :toast:

Here's the before and after shots. Sorry about the quality, it was taken at night.

(Sneaked off to the garage to this when the wife was asleep... :ph34r::whistling: )

i read somewhere in the forums that you could possibly use a capacitor instead of the little transformer things. is there any truth to this?

Hay DHC09

Where the instructions posted before accurate? Did you find any thing that needed changing in the notes?

I did not get round to looking at mine this weekend but hopefully next weekend I might get round to it :-)

Yup I had no worries with the instructions that were posted. Thanks guys :clap:

The part where there was supposed to be 3 of the same wires I only had 1, so it was simple enough :P

I even managed to hide all the transformers under the sills (and not under the carpets) :)

One thing i would suggest is that you throughly clean the original sills before sticking on the new one.

After sticking on the sills I used some large clips to clamp them together for awhile

And keep in mind on which ends u want the wires to come out, and do ur best to hide the wires ;)

Have fun.. took me bout an hour all up :D

Yip got the sills installed after work today to lighting was not be best but still got it all done in around 90min so not too bad :-)

Instructions seem rather good and very easy to install (just time really)... One thing I did find is that my silld did not seem to stick very well and the shape of some of them did not sit nice and flush (may have gotten bent in transit not sure)...

I did clean all the bits with Meths and then warm water before sticking them down but not all that lucky with the stock double sided tape... ow well will need to look at something a little better for a few of them but might restick them all down again depending on price and how I feel on the day...

How did others find they fitted? Like most things I guess if they had spend that extra $10 on materials whilst building it would have been perfect, but still not too bad, still looks good...

Many thanks for the efforts for this group buy and the time you spend organizing it (must have been a nightmare to get every thing coordinated so good work!)

Night all

Fudge

There seems to be a problem with the instructions for the rear left door sill. All the others turn off when you press the door sensor and lock the car except the rear left. there are two red/black wires (one is actually red/dark grey)...I've tried splicing into both and the door sill seems to stay illuminated even when the door sensor is pressed and the car is locked.

anyone else experience this?

Nevermind. I missed the part of KT's instructions about there being 3 red/black wires. I only found 2 at first and they both where the wrong ones (what are the odds). anyway, third time lucky, i found the wire and all is working now.

Nevermind. I missed the part of KT's instructions about there being 3 red/black wires. I only found 2 at first and they both where the wrong ones (what are the odds). anyway, third time lucky, i found the wire and all is working now.

I was lucking the first one was the right one for me. I only have the left sides done, will have to get the right sides done.

sorry everyone 2 ppl left at my work so i have been doing crazy shifts.

i will now officially open group buy part III for these. i'll leave it open a few weeks. please put your name down and i will pm you with my account info. i would prefer sydney buyers as it works out cheaper ($55) ....... for those not in sydney and who want it posted to you add $10. thanks everyone!!

Put me down for a set of blue ones :lol:

are u in canberra? maybe u could half the postage cost's with jen shes from there too :D so its only $60 each then :D

If this is fine with Jen, then Sure :)