Listening to MP3's in an Aurion

I have an SX6 Aurion (no sat nav, Bluetooth or iPod dock sadly), so I want to know if there is any way that it is possible to adapt it to play MP3s?

I know you can plug your iPod into an iTrip that broadcasts to the radio or you can save MP3s to a CD and play them that way (so 1990's) but have any of you bought a hard drive and connected it to the radio somehow? THat way, you can dump all your MP3s onto that and play all your life's music as you drive....

Or maybe there is a way to plug an iPod directly into the audio system and play that way.

Hope someone has done something like this and can comment (no Presara smarty-pants iPod dockers need apply)....

Wa Wa Weeeee Veery Naaaaice.

I know you can plug your iPod into an iTrip that broadcasts to the radio or you can save MP3s to a CD and play them that way (so 1990's) but have any of you bought a hard drive and connected it to the radio somehow? THat way, you can dump all your MP3s onto that and play all your life's music as you drive....

Or maybe there is a way to plug an iPod directly into the audio system and play that way.

I think not that simple due with current disk technology. BMW has USB port, some other vendors (radio for cars) also have USB port. One way to play around DIY job: drill a hole, install a jack, connect right cables and up you go, you can connect your iPod to the car stereo system - But I would not do this, as mention in your note, using iTrip or any FM thing probably the best option.

Good luck,

BH

• 4 months later...